Thursday, September 1, 2011

Trading Up

The new website has launched! Todd and Tanya briefed the staff and gave tutorials on the various sections of it all morning. When everyone was released the mood of the writing staff seemed to be one of hesitation and open mindedness, which is a good sign. Hopefully our subscribers will be as open to the upcoming change. About an hour later, Stormy came in to my office.

“Faith, I need to take two days off of work next week.”

‘Okay,” I said spinning in my chair to get the appropriate forms, “What’s the reason?” I asked.

“It’s just two personal days, not like bereavement leave or anything. I’m moving.”

I froze and looked over at him.

“Oh.” I said awkwardly before handing him the right forms.

“I decided to move in with Rose.” He said grabbing a pen and writing on the paper I gave him.

“Congratulations.” I said caught off guard.

“Thanks.” He said; the pen’s scratching was extremely loud in our awkward silence.

He cleared his throat and handed the forms to me.

“I’ll put this in today. It sh-shouldn’t be a problem.” I said trying to sound nonchalant and failing miserably.

“Thanks.” He said before leaving.

As he closed my door my heart sank. I feel stupid for even entertaining the idea of getting together with Stormy. He’s with someone else and I just told him to move on AND I feel so dumb for even considering dating a co-worker again. Stupid, stupid Faith! I’m so frustrated with my whole situation. Agreeing to date Sean was one of the biggest mistakes I ever made and I am moving on. As soon as I get home, I’m checking out the dating profile I (drunkenly) made and I’m going to schedule some dates. I’m not going to sit around and feel sorry for myself because Stormy did exactly what I told him to do. And I’m definitely not going to sit at home and cry over Sean. I did enough of that during our relationship. I deserve a good relationship and if it can’t be with Stormy (for so, so many reasons that go against better judgment) then it’s going to be with someone who deserves me.

2 comments:

  1. It may be good for Faith to take a break from dating. So, she has more to figure out what she wants, spend time with her friends, and not enter anything with excessive baggage from past entanglements. I dont't know if Faoth is over what happened with Kevin; I know she dislikes the guy but it appears that she carries guilt, shock and betrayal of the relationship and assault with her. I still think he may have been involved with the break-in at her apartment and the flowers that were sent to her. The guy is all types of creepy.

    ReplyDelete