Saturday, September 17, 2011

Frat Fun

So, the “friend’s house” that Chris wanted us to go to is actually his frat house, like the house he shares with his frat buddies. I was really annoyed that he didn’t tell me this and made it sound like an obligation. When I got there the party was in full swing…and it was a toga party. In the backyard they were having a “wet toga” contest with some sorority sisters, there were topless girls in the pool, and one gentleman was walking around with a sock on. That’s it. Just a sock. It was strategically placed…but it was still a sock. I found Chris mixing drinks in the kitchen.

“Chris?” I asked.

He turned around and took me in.

“You made it! I’m so glad, it’s kind of hard to find.”

“Yeah, I found it. Look, I’m going to go. I didn’t want you to think I stood you up but this really isn’t what I thought it was going to be.”

It was hard to hear each other over the noise of the music and the hoots from the backyard.

“What!? You’re leaving!? But you just got here!” He said.

“I’m sorry, but this isn’t my kind of party, okay?” I shouted over the music.

“Faith, please, have a beer. We can go upstairs, it’ll be quieter there.”

He looked really sad, so I nodded and he led me upstairs. I declined the beer.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you.” He said, “But I didn’t think you’d come to some stupid frat party. I have to be here because I’m an officer for my frat. But I’ll be able to leave soon once things calm down. They sprung this on me after we’d made plans. I thought it would have been worse to cancel at the last minute.”

“You should have told me,” I said.

We had found an outdoor balcony that overlooked the front yard. It was a little quieter than the kitchen and we didn’t have to shout to hear each other.

“I know. I’m really sorry. Will you let me make this up to you later? I’ll take you out on a real date where I don’t have to baby sit our new members, okay? Where we can have some actually privacy.”

I thought about it. He seemed really sincere about it and it did seem like it was a last minute kind of thing. I nodded.

“Okay,” I said, “But you don’t have to lie to me. I can handle last minute cancelations.”

“Deal.” He said.

We talked about where he was going to take me on our second date and the conversation progressed easily. Chris is a really funny guy and he made me laugh all night. Nearly three hours had passed by the time I realized how long I’d been there.

“I should go soon.” I said.

“Okay.” He said.

We were sitting on a swinging bench. He leaned in and kissed me. Uh, he’s really good at it. When we pulled apart I told him I should go and that he should call me about that second date.

“Are you sure you have to go? You could stay here. I don’t have a roommate.” He whispered pulling me in for another kiss. I had almost been convinced to stay when a bunch of his drunk friends in the front yard spotted us on the balcony and started making rude noises and gestures. We broke apart immediately.

“Um. Yeah. I have really do have to go.” I said, “Call me later, okay?”

He nodded and then I left. Even though our date was kind of a wash and not the greatest date ever, I had fun and I would definitely be interested in kissing him some more…or doing other things with him that require his mouth. I have my date with Randy tomorrow that I’m really excited about!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, interesting...I wonder what the age difference is if he is an officer?

    ReplyDelete