Monday, September 19, 2011

Coffee and Kisses

Randy is great, you guys. He picked me up at about 10:30 and we walked to a café near our building that serves a great brunch. I ordered a vanilla latte and Randy got a caramel mocha. We shared a giant croissant and a fruit salad. He’s an accountant for a big law firm downtown and runs marathons (he’s pretty hot, guys). We got on the subject of pets.

“Murphy was really sick before I adopted him. I saw him at the shelter and the woman wanted me to adopt a kitten, she said Murphy probably wouldn’t live much longer but I decided to adopt him anyway. He gave me a few scares, but he got through it and he’s been doing fine ever since.”

“Lady was the runt of the litter and she was dropped off at a shelter because her owners didn’t want the runt. I adopted her because she was an outcast and I’ve never regretted it. She’s a little hard to train but we’re getting there.”

“She’s a gorgeous dog.” I said.

“Thanks. I have to brush her all the time, but she enjoys it.” He laughed.

“Murphy does okay with brushing, but too much of it makes him agitated.”

We decided to go for a walk in a park nearby. It was the park that Sean and I had had an evening picnic in during a meteor shower a few months ago. I tried not to think about that.

“It’s a beautiful day, isn’t it?” Randy asked as we walked.

“Yeah.” I said. It was cold enough for a sweater but sunny with just a hint of a breeze.

We settled on a bench and watched people ride bikes or play Frisbee with their dogs. It was nice and quiet and comfortable.

“You know, I really like you, Faith.” Randy said. He was wearing a light sweater and his light brown hair was windswept just as it had been the day we met in the mailroom. His blue eyes really popped with his dark blue sweater.

“I like you, too.” I said smiling, “Thank you for the coffee and the breakfast. I really liked it. I’ve had a lot of fun with you today.”

“Enough to do it again, maybe for dinner later this week?”

“I’m free on Wednesday.” I said laughing.

“I’ll pick you up at 7:00.” He smiled and leaned in and kissed me. It was gentle and he seemed nervous about it until I started kissing back. We basically made out on that park bench for five minutes before getting up and walking back to my building. We walked up the stairs together and he kissed me again to say goodbye on the third floor. I’ve been beaming ever since. People at work have been looking at me weird because I’m so much happier than I have been the last few weeks. Steve even gave me a very suggestive eyebrow lift when I walked into my office just now. I was blushing because Randy sent me a text telling me how excited he was about dinner on Wednesday night.

3 comments:

  1. Faith needs to forget about those other schmucks that she keeps trying to get chemistry with or whatever. Randy is a nice guy and even though I feel as though she should wait, at least he's normal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the comments are working today.
    i typed out a comment yesterday and it wouldnt let me post it.

    Anyway, I think that while Randy seems nice and totally worth while, i feel like Faith is rushing things a bit. In my option, she ought to focus on herself. It definitely feels like going from one extreme to another. And while I understand all her girlfriends are pretty much in relationships right now, I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar that they would all be OK with ditching their guys for a night to hang out with Faith.
    I also feel like there needs to be more closure from what happened with Sean. In what world do things end when someone kicks u out of their apartment? I would think that, AT LEAST, Sean would have emailed Faith or something by now. I get it, he's on tour and totally occupied, but i cant see Sean just giving up so quickly. Unless he feels really really bad about how he hurt Faith, and is just giving her, her space. I wanna know whats going on with that!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Carissa - I've been trying to wrap my brain around the fact that the storyline between Faith and Sean, that we've been following so closely for so long, just kind of abruptly ended. With no closure. Reading about her dating is leaving an odd taste in my mouth. Seems I need her to slow down. LOL

    ReplyDelete