Wednesday, September 7, 2011

New World

I went shopping with Zoey and Molly (Anna is dealing with two sick babies so she couldn’t come) today and told them about my upcoming dates. Hank messaged me back a few times and we set up a time to meet next week, so I have a total of three dates and I told Molly and Zoey this with excitement.

“I don’t know what we’re going to do but I’ll text you guys all their info before I leave with them and let you know when I get back. I’ll also let you know where we’re going once they tell me where to meet them.” I said perusing a sales rack.

“That’s…a good idea, Faith.” Molly said.

“Yeah.” Zoey said weakly.

I turned on them and eyed them with suspicion.

“What is the problem?” I asked.

Molly and Zoey shared a look.

“Um…well…don’t you think you should maybe take, like, a break from dating for awhile?” Zoey said.

“What?” I said.

“You and Sean just broke up, Faith. Don’t you want to step away from dating for awhile to grieve and stuff?” Molly said trying to build on Zoey’s point.

“No.” I said blankly, “I’m ready to move on. I just spent nearly a year wasting my time on someone; I don’t want to spend any more time feeling bad about that. I am single and ready to mingle!”

“Do you really want to get involved with someone else?” Zoey asked.

“I don’t want to be in a relationship with anyone. You guys, I’m just going out on dates. You know, getting free food, dressing up, making out, maybe having some casual sex. I’m young! This is what people my age do!” I said moving on from the sales rack.

“Okay…except we’re also your age and we don’t do those things.” Molly pointed out.

“You guys are in exclusive relationships with people. I’m not. My exclusive relationship…well…semi-exclusive relationship since he cheated on me, is totally over so I can go out and date whoever I want. You guys should be happy for me!”

“We are, Faith, but we want you to take some time for yourself.” Zoey said.

“But I did spend a lot of time by myself. While Sean was touring all I did was think about our relationship. I spent SO MUCH time thinking about it that I don’t need a break. I just want to get out there and meet guys who deserve me.”

“Are you even attracted to these guys, Faith? They don’t really sound like guys you’re going to mesh with…” Molly asked.

“I’m trying to date outside the box. Picking guys based on what I find appealing obviously isn’t working for me since my last two boyfriends cheated on me so I’m considering guys that maybe I wouldn’t normally consider on first glance. There is a rhyme and a reason, Molly.”

Zoey and Molly decided to drop it and started asking me more questions about the guys I’m going out with. I’m excited for my dates next week and more importantly, I’m excited about not being tied down to anyone. I’m enjoying my new found freedom.


(Sorry! I had three exams this week and I totally forgot what day it was by the time Friday rolled around. -del)

4 comments:

  1. yikes!!

    I smell trouble in paradise lol
    this is totally going to blow up in Faiths face.. I think.


    Eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLD it...
    did Sean ever give her back her apartment key?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope that Faith isnt doing this to just run out and meet a new guy to be serious with. I think we all agree that she isnt ready for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Faith needs some time, not a new relationship. I want her to have some sort of closure with Sean.... I feel like I'm waiting for her to have a meltdown.

    ReplyDelete