Thursday, September 15, 2011

Hank

Hank is…interesting. He looks kind of like Danny DeVito but that’s okay because looks are not everything. I met him at the tapas bar right on time and, thankfully, he wasn’t drunk like Todd had been, so that was a plus from the start. We ordered a sampler of different tapas to try and two glasses of sangria before going over to our table. There was a dance floor with what seemed professionals dancing on it (Latin dancing is intense guys) and we watched for a little while as we made comments about how good they were.

I’m going to be honest, it was awkward at first. We didn’t have immediate chemistry but I think that’s because Hank might have been nervous. Once our food and drinks came he seemed to loosen up a bit. He talked about his kids for awhile and mentioned that his granddaughter just started kindergarten. I was a little surprised that he was a grandfather. Apparently he also has a grandson who is three and his daughter-in-law is expecting her first this January. Hank’s ex-wife lives in Florida and he avoided talking about her.

“How recent was your divorce?” I asked gently.

“A few months ago, but it doesn’t matter. What’s done is done. You want to dance?”

I nodded and we went and danced, which was awkward because I was wearing four inch heels and Hank is really short so his head was just above my waist. I had fun dancing with him, though. He made me laugh a lot and we’re going to go out again. When we left the tapas bar to say goodbye he immediately lit up a cigar, which was a turnoff for me, but I ignored it. He hailed me a cab, gave me a kiss on the cheek, and then waved as the cab drove off.

Honestly, it was a fun date, but the lack of chemistry that filtered in was concerning. I’m going to give him another chance with a second date before I totally write this off.

(Blogspot must have had a hiccup and didn't post this when it said it would. Sorry readers. I promise the late posting isn't going to be a habit. -del)

5 comments:

  1. What the heck is she doing? That is so not what she needs right now! Grandkids, really? I wanna hear about this date with that guy Randy

    ReplyDelete
  2. why is Faith ignoring all of these clues...no chemistry...grandkids...cigars? Didn't she learn anything from her relationship with Sean and the "compromising" she did. Second date..I think not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its just creepy. why does a guy that old want to date a 24yo? I know some age differences can work and work really well, but usually thats based on chemistry + common interests + a whole lot more... non of what faith said would make me want to go out with that guy again... bahhhh

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah - if there is no chemistry, there just isnt...lol pass on this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree that this guy doesn't seem like a keeper. Also im still waiting to see if Sean is ever going to want some closure or more of a real ending. I want to hear his side of things.

    ReplyDelete