Thursday, September 22, 2011

Lame

Dinner with Randy last night was really sweet but I’m kind of confused and disappointed. We went to this cool Asian place where they cook the food right in front of you and they do all sorts of cool flips and twists with it while they cook it. It was entertaining and fascinating. I could have watched the chef do all of his crazy tricks for hours.

I was wearing a red dress with a very flattering neckline (it showed off the girls perfectly) and black pumps and my hair was pulled up into a half pony but it was lightly curled so it looked softer than a straight half pony. Randy was wearing a dark blue Henley and dark washed jeans. He had a gray blazer on, too and his light brown hair was just the right touch of messy. If you can’t tell, I really like him.

“So what do you do, Faith?”

“I’m an HR rep for a newspaper that is partnered with a local news station.” I said, “I really like what I do and the people I work with are great. We’re actually about to go completely digital.”

“That’s sounds like a pretty big undertaking.”

“It was, at first, but I think we’re all settling into the change pretty nicely. Hopefully our subscription base will, too.”

We finished dinner and then went to a cupcake bar about a block away. We shared one of the biggest cupcakes I’ve ever seen (red velvet with cream cheese) and drank some coffee. After dessert we decided to go walk in a park nearby that had a gorgeous fountain. It was really romantic to sit there watching the water fall with Randy. It was unusually warm for this time of year so I took my shoes off and put my feet in the water, Randy laughed.

“Are you always this spontaneous?” He asked coyly.

“A little spontaneity never hurt anyone.”

Unfortunately, it just happened to be that moment when a police officer came into the plaza of the park and told me that I wasn’t allowed to put my feet in the fountain. I removed them and turned myself back around while mumbling “sorry, I didn’t know” while Randy giggled at me.

“Okay, so maybe spontaneity can get you into trouble.” I said laughing, “Now my feet are wet.” I said looking down.

“I’ll be right back.” Randy said getting up and walking out of sight. He came back with a handful of napkins. He knelt down and wiped my feet off then put my shoes back on. It was weird, but also oddly sexy at the same time. As he was moving to stand up I leaned in and kissed him.

We went back to our apartment building and were in front of my apartment when things got awkward. We kissed in front of my door for a couple passionate seconds, he had one arm around me and the other wrapped around my shoulders with his hand in my hair. When we broke away I leaned in to whisper in his ear.

“Do you want to come in?” I asked him seductively.

He broke away from me completely and then looked down at his watch; he looked like he was wrestling with himself internally.

“I can’t, Faith, I have a big meeting tomorrow and it’s really early. Rain check?”

“Okay.” I said trying not to sound completely bummed out.

He kissed me good night and then left. I don’t get it. We have great chemistry and it’s obvious we like each other. I thought we had a great time, so why did he blow me off? I couldn’t have made it clearer that we would have sex if he came upstairs and instead he gave me the “I have to wake up early” excuse?! WTF!?

(Today (October 7th) is the two year anniversary of this blog. I can't believe I've kept it up for this long. Thanks for reading and coming back every week, readers, most of the time reading your comments and opinions on what will happen next motivate me to keep this blog going. YOU are the reason I continue to write about Faith. Who knew that a school project would still have a life two years after the fact? -del)

9 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I love this blog!

    And maybe he actually did have a meeting....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary!! I love this blog so much! It's become my favorite fictional blog to read. Faith is one awesome lady (and you are you, if you created her!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, that should read "and you are too.."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! I have enjoyed this blog immensely!

    I think she is jumping the gun a little bit. This is only their 2nd date in 2(?) weeks. Maybe he is just gentlemanly enough to want to develop their relationship more before getting intimate. But, if she doesnt want a relationship, she will need to communicate that pronto.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary, i agree she is jumping the gun & that probably scares him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT exactly does Faith want?
    Is she looking to casually hook up with dudes and explore her newly found single-freedom? Or is she looking to meet a nice guy and start something serious? I dont know if Faith herself even knows the answer to that.
    & Before she jumps into the sack with her own 'neighbor boy', it would probably be a good idea to talk things over and clear the air.
    What if he is looking for something more serious than just a hook-up and thats not what she's looking for... things can get very messy. What if he gets, like weirdo-stalker-attached to her and she doesn't think much of it? This guy seems like a nice guy and all, but in THIS scenario, i feel like the nice guy will finish last.
    Obviously, no one wants to hook up with a Douche bag.. maybe whats-his-face, Frat Boy will be a better fit if all she wants to do it "get it in" (excuse the Jersey Shore reference. Ha!)
    Anyway.. I love this blog and i look forward to my Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Keep up the awesome work Del. we <3 u!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Has it really been 2 years?! Time sure has flown. Thank you for sharing this blog with us, I have enjoyed reading it. For some reason I have a lot of trouble getting my comments to work on your blog, so I don't comment much, but I am out there reading and looking forward to your next entry.

    Since you and some of your readers are (or used to be) bedroom blog readers I want to add that I miss reading the comments from bedroom blog. I hate that they went facebook! So frustrating, I do not feel comfortable using my facebook id for comments so I no longer do it. It gives me the creeps that they can tell what my id is! Anyway I miss the regular commentors each time I read a good entry I'm left to wonder what we all would have said.

    Thanks again for keeping us entertained!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete