Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Success

Sean got in last night really late. I tried waiting up but I ended up falling asleep on the couch with Murphy in my lap. Sean let me sleep and took me out to breakfast the next morning before I had to leave for work. It sucks that I couldn’t take off work to spend the whole week with Sean but I figured he could sleep while I was at the office all day. Sean is glad to have a full week off. He told me that, while he loves his bandmates, it’s nice to not have to share a bus with them for a few days. I’m going to have a hard time not just jumping him when I get home today.

Something good did happen this morning, work-wise, though. When I logged into my computer and checked my e-mail I had an e-mail from Rose, Veronica’s secretary, telling me that she confirmed my lunch meeting with Veronica which means I have officially booked her and Stormy’s situation is going to be taken care of within the next few weeks! I was so excited I almost screamed when I read the e-mail.

I wanted to tell Stormy as soon as I could but I didn’t want to tip Veronica off because I’m afraid if she finds out what this meeting is about she’ll figure out a way to get out of it or push it back again, and I am NOT going to let that happen even if it kills me. With the capture and death of Bin Laden, Stormy is being pushed to the brink of deadlines and broadcasting and it’s just not fair to him as an employee but also as a human being. No one should be forced to work this hard and I am not going to tell Stormy that Veronica has cancelled this meeting again, so I had to be sneaky about it.

I sent him an e-mail shortly before lunch that said I needed to talk to him and to meet me in the chicken place around the corner from our building. He came in a few minutes late.

“Ew, why did you pick this place? Everyone hates it and I think Jeff got food poisoning from here.” He said sitting down.

“I know, that’s why I picked it.” I said slyly, “I was able to schedule Veronica for a meeting-”

“What!?”

“Shhhh! I was able to get her to schedule a lunch meeting with me but she does not know that you and the HR rep for the news station will be there with your contract. You can’t tell anyone you’re going to be at this meeting or Veronica might try to get out of it.”

“Are you serious!?” He asked in disbelief.

“Yep. It’s going to happen. I talked to the HR rep and they are willing to renegotiate your contract and they are available for this lunch date. It’s all fallen into place.”

“Faith I don’t know how to thank you.”

“You can buy me a burger. Let’s get out of here. It smells like salmonella.”

“It really does.”

So Stormy and I went to lunch in the bar and grill across from our office building. He was elated and was walking lighter than he has in months. I know this is cheesy, but it felt really good to help him out with this. Other than that great achievement, this work day has been going by so slowly. I’m practically jumping up and down because I’m so excited to go home and see Sean. I only have two more hours to get through.


(Author's Note: What does everyone think of the new color scheme?)

7 comments:

  1. Love the post love the new background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the old color scheme was better i think

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is the last post a month old? does it always run like this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Escott816: I had some school stuff to deal with so the blog went on a small hiatus. Usually when I do that, I structure the posts so we eventually catch up to real time. The date is a month old, but the post is not, it was posted yesterday and there will be a new one tomorrow. Eventually we'll catch up to real time, don't worry!
    -del (the author)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the backing for the blog - looks great! But either is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, Thanks for letting me know! I'll stay tuned in then!

    ReplyDelete