Monday, May 30, 2011

Off Guard

Sean finally called me a few days ago and not only are we back together but I think we’re in a really good place.

“Hi.” He said nervously.

“Hey.” I said back.

“I got your e-mail and I’m a giant ass. You deserve so much better from me and I have been acting like an entirely different person since I’ve been on tour. I’m really sorry, Faith. I’ve been taking out my anger and insecurities on you and I really have no excuses for my behavior. I’m sorry I ruined our anniversary but I’m more sorry that I haven’t been giving you the trust that I should be.”

I was floored. I don’t know what I expected him to say but it certainly wasn’t that. I blinked in shock and confusion for a few seconds.

“Th-thank you for your apology, Sean, I accept it. I know this tour has been hard for you but I’m glad you’re realizing that you took your frustrations about it out on me and aren’t going to do that anymore.”

“I’ve been thinking about asking Dr. Deerhorn if we could have sessions over the phone. I think they would help me adjust to touring better than I have been on my own.”

“I think that’s a great idea.” I said gently.

After that I changed the subject to Sean’s new computer and my newly sized and cleaned ring and he told me about the show they did that night. Things were oddly easy for us to get back to normal. I’m bewildered with how little tension we had and since we reconciled he hasn’t taken any of his anger out on me, he hasn’t accused me of having anymore affairs, and he’s been a much more supportive fiancé. I’m really glad things have worked out for us.

As for work, that’s another story. I have a meeting with Veronica next week and I am NOT looking forward to it.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad Sean recognized his mistakes and owned up to them. I wonder if he doesn't need to be on meds, if he isn't already. He might have some sort of chemical imbalance. I just hope this isn't a vicious circle that has started and this is the honeymoon period. mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that Sean came to his senses. Although, I do think a 'grand gesture' is in order for the grief he's put her through. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I the only one wondering why Faith would stay with Sean when he is treating her so badly? She has been miserable almost their entire relationship and I think she should kick him to the curb and find someone who will make her happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May i just point out, it hasn't always been SEAN who makes Faith "miserable" throughout the duration of their relationship. Alot of times, it was Faith who tripped herself up, a lot of it has to do with her still dealing with everything that happened with that douche, Kevin! It's affected her quiet a bit, so I don't think it's entirely fair to blame her misery all on Sean.

    Sean needs to straighten up his act tho! thats forsure, Faith doesn't deserve to be dragged thru the mud like this. NO one does! But Faith is very fragile, as is Sean, so i think they both need to soften up on each other. Theres no excuse for Sean constantly accusing Faith of being unFaithful (pun intended! ha!), so I hope his apology is the first step in the right direction. I hope Dr.Deerhorn can help him out, and here's to a happy reunion when she surprises him mid-tour!! =D

    ReplyDelete