Friday, May 6, 2011

Family

“Sean! I’m home and my clothes are still on….This is unacceptable.” I said when I got home from work.

Murphy was sitting near his food bowl, so I fed him and wandered around my apartment looking for Sean. He was nowhere to be found. On the table in my foyer there was a post-it note from him:

Karen called a band meeting to give us the details of what time we need to be back from our break and the future itinerary. It should take an hour at the most. I’ll bring home a pizza.

-S

P.S: I fed Murphy before I left, so don’t feed him.

I looked over at Murphy.

“Con artist.” I hissed. He meowed at me and went back to munching on his food.

I was kind of bummed that Sean wasn’t home and looked around my apartment; he had cleaned a little bit. I walked into my bedroom and kicked my heels off, changed out of my work clothes, and put on an ancient pair of sweatpants from college and a black tank top before plopping on the couch with some work files and resumes (I get to hire two new interns for the summer!). After about 20 minutes Sean walked in with a fresh pizza, a 2-liter bottle of soda, and cheesy garlic bread. He poked his head around the corner and smiled at me (I melted).

“Hey.”

“Hey you.” I said. He put the box on the coffee table and disappeared into the kitchen only to return a few minutes later with two glasses and two paper plates.

“How was your day?” He sat next to me on the couch and whipped open the pizza box.

“It was great, actually. I think I finally got that situation at work handled.” I said putting my paperwork on the end table and taking the plate Sean handed me.

“That’s good! You’ve been putting a lot of energy into it.”

“How has the vacation from the band been?” I asked.

“You have no idea. I’m so glad to be out of that bus for right now.”

“Why what’s going on?”

“Well, for one, it’s a total pig sty. Two, there’s no privacy and it’s always noisy. And three, you’re not there.”

I smiled.

“But the good thing is that Karen is going to arrange for it to be cleaned over this little break so at least that won’t be a problem anymore and I’ve heard a rumor that the label might get us a second bus which would make the second issue a bit easier. I love the guys, but some of them seriously suck at being roommates. The third problem I can’t fix, though.”

“Well, if you get that second bus maybe Skype sex can be a possibility again.” I giggled.

“By the way, Jake wanted me to tell you that you have a fabulous rack. I agree.” Sean took a bite of pizza.

“And you’re just telling me this now, because?”

“Because now that awkward moment is far enough behind us that we can laugh about it and I can finally look Jake in the eyes again.”

“You’re only okay with him complimenting my awesome boobs because he’s gay.”

“Uh, duh.”

I grabbed a piece of garlic bread and another slice of pizza. It had started raining since Sean got back and we curled up on the couch together and watched a made-for-TV-movie while we finished our dinner. I put the leftovers away while Sean stretched out on the couch and then I snuggled up with him when I came back.

“I’ve missed you kind of a lot.” I said smelling his hair.

My hand was on his chest and he laid his over it. The other he wrapped around the small of my back.

“I’ve kind of missed you a lot, too.” He kissed my forehead.

Murphy jumped up and laid next to our hands on Sean’s chest and started purring.

“I could get used to this.”

“Used to what?” I asked.

“This is like having my own family. You. Murphy. Me. On the couch; together. Oh, by the way…those sweat pants are SO hot.”

“Are you mocking me?”

“Nope. Normally, sweatpants aren’t a huge turn on for me but those have a hole in the crotch and you’re not wearing any underwear so I made an exception.”

“Oh, well, I guess I should take them off, then.” I said rolling off of him and coyly walking to my bedroom. I could hear him laughing but not following me. I threw the sweatpants on his head and immediately heard the shuffle of his feet behind me.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute, they are really enjoying each other. For some reason my comment on the last post isn't there, but I'm a little concerned that this Veronica situation is going to blow up in Faith's face. mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I like the new color scheme :) its quaint and im a sucker for teal.

    2. This is a sweet post. Sean sounds like a keeper! I think I like how the absence of Sean being away from they normal day-to-day pays off when he's back in town. They sound like they were made for each other :)

    ReplyDelete