Thursday, May 12, 2011

Out of the Blue

Sean has been gone for the past few days and we haven’t really had time to talk since he left. Usually we try to Skype every other day but he’s only been able to talk to me for about 20 minutes at a time and Skyping is completely out because Sean’s computer was sat on by a crew member. They’ve had a show every night, including the day they left, and it’s taking a lot out of him. He fell asleep while we were talking on the phone last night. I can’t help but feel bad for him. I don’t think this tour is cracking up to be what he expected, to be honest.

I wanted to distract myself from Sean’s absence so I invited Zoey and Wesley over for dinner. We decided we’d go see a movie afterward. The three of us had fun making food in the kitchen; the theme was taco fixings! Wesley makes THE BEST taco meat I’ve ever had. I don’t know what kind of spice magic he did but it was phenomenal and I demanded that Zoey get me the recipe. While Wesley was busy making the meat, Zoey and I made a salsa from a recipe I found online and grated some cheese. I told Zoey all about my worries about Sean’s morale.

“He sounds kind of depressed. Has he been seeing his therapist?” Zoey asked.

“He goes to see Dr. Deerhorn when he’s in town but I don’t think that’s enough for Sean, to be honest. But I don’t really know how to fix that aside from suggesting conference calling Dr. Deerhorn while he’s not here or just telling Karen that he needs to be able to come back to see his therapist regularly.”

“I have a feeling neither of those options would go over well.”

“I agree.” I said with a sigh.

“How much longer will he be on tour for?” Zoey asked.

“It’s supposed to finish up in December.”

“Ouch.”

“Tell me about it.”

We sat down for dinner and I got to know Wesley better. I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned this, but listening to Wesley talk is something I could do for hours. Not only does he talk about things with an endearing passion, but his Australian accent is quite possibly the sexiest thing to ever grace me with its presence. He’s recently been trying to teach Zoey how to surf, which is admittedly not going well since we don’t live anywhere near an ocean but they’ve been thinking about taking a trip to Hawaii. He’s been getting more photography work which is good because Zoey has showed me some of his pictures in the past and it would be a shame if he got stuck only being a photographer’s lighting assistant. After we ate and cleaned everything up/put away the leftovers we headed out to the movies.

The movie we wanted to see was sold out so we stood and looked at the board with all the movie options on it to decide when I got a phone call from Sean.

“Hey, you,” I said while slipping away from Zoey and Wesley as they discussed which movie they wanted to see, “How’s everything going?”

“It could be going better, honestly.”

“Oh, that doesn’t sound good.”

“Yeah, well”- Just then Sean yelled at some people making noise in the background and he sounded so angry. I actually jumped from fear when I heard him; he’s never sounded like that before.

“Sean what is going on?”

“I have no privacy Faith! I just want to be able to call you and actually hear what you’re saying but I can’t because after the show everyone gets so rowdy and loud.”

Just then Wesley came over.

“Hey Faith, are you okay with seeing Thor?”

“Who is that!?” Sean asked.

“Um, yeah,” I said to Wesley before focusing my attention back to Sean.

“Are you on a date with someone?”

“What!? No! Sean, you’re being ridiculous. I’m here with Zoey and Wesley. We’re seeing a movie.”

“Oh.”

“What has come over you?” I asked while Zoey slipped me a ticket and then motioned that she and Wesley were going to the snack counter.

“I’m sorry. I’m just stressed. I’ve been snapping at everyone lately. You enjoy your movie. I’m going to see if Jake will let me use his computer to watch something on Netflix.”

“Okay. You know you could also use his computer to shop for a new one. That might cheer you up a bit.” I said trying to lighten the mood.

“Yeah, you’re right. That will make me happy. It’s actually kind of a good thing that Roy sat on my laptop, I’ve been meaning to get a new one anyway.”

“Okay, well send me an e-mail if you find one you like. You can have it mailed to my apartment or I can go pick it up at wherever you order it from and it’ll be here when you come home next.”

“Okay. I love you! Bye!”

I wandered over to the snack counter line to stand with Zoey.

“Wesley went to go save our seats. What’s up?” She asked.

“Sean’s acting really weird. He accused me of being on a date with someone when he heard Wesley ask me about the movie.”

“What?” Zoey gave me the most confused look I’ve ever seen.

“I know! He apologized once I told him that it was Wesley but it was weird. He’s been under a lot of stress, though, so I don’t really know what to make of it. He seemed like he was already in a bad mood when he called me so I think that might have been part of it.”

“He shouldn’t be taking it out on you, though.”

“It sounds like he’s taking it out on everybody,” I said, “He yelled at some crew members while we were on the phone and he sounded irate. He’s never been that angry in front of me before. I suggested he shop online for a new computer to get him in a good mood and he seemed a little picked up by that, so I’m sure he was just having a hard time.”

“Okay,” Zoey said hesitantly, “Do you want popcorn?”

“Like you even needed to ask that question.”

No comments:

Post a Comment