Monday, May 2, 2011

Gushers

Molly and I were out shopping the other day. She has a date and wanted to buy a new dress, rather than wear one she made herself and I wanted to buy lingerie for Sean since he’s coming home tomorrow and our one year anniversary is coming up, so I figured I’d browse around for something really special for that, too.

“So, who’s the guy?”

“Oh, he’s an actor I’ve been in a few shows with. He’s really funny and I like his work so I figured maybe we’d have a fun time together. To be completely honest, though, Faith….I really just want to get laid.”

I practically spit out my iced tea onto the clothing rack I was looking through.

“O-okay…” I said coughing up my tea.

“It’s been awhile, is what I’m saying.” Molly said, “You don’t get it, you have awesome sex with Sean at your beck and call. And even when he’s gone there’s always Skype sex or phone sex.”

“We haven’t had Skype sex since the first week of his tour.”

“What? Why?”

“He shares the bus with four other dudes, plus a bus driver. Basically, Jake sort of walked in on Sean while he was on webcam with me, so that put an end to that option. And Sean is rarely alone long enough to have phone sex. I mean, you don’t have to say anything for the webcam because it’s all right in front of you and Sean could put on headphones, but you have to TALK during phone sex. It would be too weird, I think, for that.”

“Oh, fair enough, but still, I need some sex.”

A woman walked by us and literally stuck her nose up. When she passed we burst out laughing.

“Geez, the class of some people.” Molly joked.

We went down the street to a sandwich shop and looked over our wares when we sat in a booth. As we dug in Molly gushed about her actor date’s looks.

“He is SO hot, Faith. He’s ripped and he’s got brown hair and best of all….he’s straight. UGH. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find someone this hot who isn’t gay in the theatre world. It’s like I found the needle in the haystack.”

I giggled. “So what is his name?”

“Calvin. Isn’t it a dreamy name?” She asked.

“It is.”

Molly is funny when she has a crush. It reminds me of when I was in college and would just gush to my friends about the boy I was dating and how perfect he was. I guess I still do that about Sean to Zoey and Anna and Molly. I’m probably insufferable, actually. I miss him so much. I can’t wait until he comes home tomorrow! It’s been a month since he was here last.

2 comments:

  1. i can't wait to see what direction this blog goes in, if they get married......if they have kids...... what drama is next? lol i love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, being walked in on or interrupted is the ultimate mood killer!

    Great post, can't wait to see where the story leads :)

    ReplyDelete