Monday, July 12, 2010

Rift

I got home from work today (we’ve started the second round of interviews) absolutely exhausted. I read so many applications that my eyes were starting to cross and kept thanking the high heavens that Veronica had the fantastic idea to take photos of all the people we’ve been meeting with because trying to remember their names and who they are would have been impossible.

Murphy was waiting at the door when I walked in. It’s become his habit, I think he’s become really attached to me because of the abuse in his past, but it doesn’t really bother me, having someone to greet me when I get home is nice.

“Well hello,” he started swishing his tail, “Are you hungry?” At that, Murphy walked into the kitchen and sat near his bowl. I rolled my eyes and smiled, “Of course you are… it’s exhausting to sleep all day isn’t it?”

Once Murphy had been fed, I changed and started looking through my menu drawer. I was too exhausted to attempt to cook anything and was in desperate need of groceries. I was deciding between walking around the block to get a sandwich and ordering Chinese when someone knocked on my door.

Murphy looked up at me from his bowl and cocked his head to the side. I gave him an “I-don’t-know-who-it-could-be” shrug and went to open the door.

“Hey, I thought I’d make you dinner tonight.” Sean said walking in and giving me a kiss. He had a bouquet of flowers and a brown grocery sack.

“I thought you had a gig tonight?” I said taking the flowers.

“I did, but the bar burned down, so it was, shockingly, cancelled.”

“Wow, lucky me. Thanks for the flowers, what’s for dinner?”

Sean set the bag down on my counter and started taking food out while I found a vase for the flowers.

“Well, you have two choices. I can make breakfast for dinner or I can make a three cheese lasagna with garlic bread.”

“I have an idea,” I said wrapping my arms around him from behind, “what if we have the lasagna tonight and then tomorrow morning you can cook me breakfast?”

Sean turned around and moved my arms off of him, “Faith…I’m not staying the night.”

“Okay, then let’s just eat whatever.” I said leaving the kitchen and sitting angrily on the couch.

I could hear Sean sigh from the kitchen. It was pretty clear he was considering his options: follow me and talk about it or leave. I was more than a little shocked when I heard my front door close.

“Sean?” The kitchen was empty except for the half emptied grocery bag. I stored the groceries in my fridge and lost my appetite shortly thereafter.

My night lead to Murphy sitting on my lap purring while I watched trashy reality television. At around 10 I had another knock on my door. It was Sean.

“Do you want your groceries back? I’ll go get them.” I said leaving the door open.

Sean walked into my foyer looking at his feet.

“No.”

“What?”

“I don’t want my groceries back. I’d like to cook them instead.”

“Am I missing some-?” I turned around and looked at Sean for the first time; he was holding an overnight bag.

“Where can I put this?” He said, holding it up. I pointed to my bedroom sheepishly.

Sean made the best lasagna I’d ever had and his breakfast was even better, but we still didn’t have sex last night. We just cuddled. Saying I’m disappointed is an understatement.

“I have to go to work, but you can stay here for as long as you want. Breakfast was amazing, thanks,” I said giving Sean a kiss after breakfast.

“Okay…” I had a feeling Sean wanted to say something, he could probably tell I was a little sad about the not-having-sex thing, but he kept quiet.

I’m writing this on my work computer and if I’m being honest….I really hope Sean is gone by the time I get home tonight.

6 comments:

  1. ohhhh crap, what if he cheated on her....!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think Sean cheated. I think he wants a real relationship and Faith isn't letting him in with all her guards up. Sean keeps trying (bringing groceries to make dinner and turning down sex)and Faith keeps pushing him away because of her past with Kevin. Wish she would let that ass ruin what happiness she could have with Sean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I dont know...Maybe he was dating someone while they were hooking up! :P I love Sean though, I want them to work out! I hope next post they hash it out! I really want to know whats happening! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is frustrating. They need to talk! They have all the makings to be an awesome couple but no communication! Let's go Faith, just talk to him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, Faith is going to have to bite the bullet and actually talk to the boy: if she wants answers that is! You can do it Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Faith, bite the bullet and ask what is up with him. I think he just wants to slow things down a bit, but dang they need to discuss this.

    ReplyDelete