Friday, July 2, 2010

First Date

Sean sent me text a few hours before our date:

Wear something casually nice.
I gave that text a raised eyebrow. What does that even mean? I had no idea. Sean was being secretive about the date he planned and wasn’t giving up any information so I was on my own in figuring out how to dress casual and nice at the same time. I walked to my closet and found Murphy laying in my laundry basket.

“Just the person I need to help me pick out the right outfit.” I said lifting him up and putting him on my bed.

I put on about 6 different outfits before I finally settled on one that Murphy liked. Okay, so he just kind of laid there and fell asleep half-way through but I found an outfit I’m sure he would have liked had he not been snoring in the middle of my bed. I chose a black ¾ sleeve jersey dress that hit me a little above the knees. It has a white silk bow that wraps around underneath my chest. I added some dangling bubbly earrings and added my favorite pair of white pumps to complete the look. I had just gotten my hair wavy and pulled into a semi-messy half-pony when Sean rang my buzzer.
I buzzed him up and was surprised when I opened my door and he had flowers.

“That’s really sweet of you.” I said giving him a kiss and going o put them in a vase.

Sean was wearing a black short sleeve t-shirt under a matching blazer, dark jeans, and Chucks. He was hanging out in my foyer while I found a vase. When I came back he was bending down letting Murphy lick his hand.

“That’s weird….he’s usually a scaredy cat.” I said smirking.

“He knows I’m awesome, it happens a lot.” Sean laughed.

When we got downstairs to my apartment there was a car sitting in front of us.

“Where’d you get the car?”

“A buddy of mine is letting me borrow it. I couldn’t ask someone to dress up so nice and then make them schlep around on a bus or a train.” He opened the door for me and then ran around to the other side.

“So where are we going?”

“You’ll see.”

We pulled into a parking lot about 15 minutes later.

“You’re taking me to the grocery store?”

“What? You’ve never been on a date in a grocery store before?” I gave Sean a deliberate look, “C’mon Let’s go,” He said opening my car door.

I warily got out of the car and we went shopping. Sean bought some different cheeses a loaf of French bread, wine, and some other goodies he wouldn’t let me see after distracting me with finding the perfect cheese.

“Here, I’ll meet you in the car,” he said tossing his keys up so I could catch them.

“Okay, are you sure you don’t want me to help?”

“I got it.”

A few minutes later we were on the road again.

“So where are we actually going?” I asked.

“You’ll see.”

About 20 minutes later Sean pulled into a dark parking lot and ran to open my door and grab the groceries. He pulled out a bag of some other stuff I didn’t notice earlier and told me to wait by the car for about five minutes. He ran out of view behind some trees.

“You’re going to want to take your shoes off.” Sean said when he came back. He knelt down and grabbed my foot to slip off my first shoe and kissed my leg, which tickled. Once my shoes were off he lead me to a clearing.

There was a blanket and candles spread out over the sand. I realized Sean had brought me to the lake for dinner.

“This is….so creative. Thank you.”

“I thought you’d like it.”

We ate dinner and talked about all sorts of stuff, an awkward silence didn’t happen once. For dessert, I finally saw what Sean bought while I was distracted: chocolate covered strawberries. They were delicious. I looked into the bag he had brought, curious.

“What’s the honey for?” I asked seductively.

“I just needed honey…for like my apartment.” He said laughing. He noticed my disappointed look, “oh, uh, I mean it’s so I can lick it off of you.”

I laughed and Sean leaned over to kiss me, we got hot and heavy on the beach blanket until the weather started to kick up a storm. It was really windy so we packed it in. I gave Sean a kiss and invited him upstairs to continue where we left off when we arrived at my apartment.

“What kind of guy do you think I am?” he said in mock protest, “Never on the first date."

And with that he left. When I walked into my apartment Murphy was sitting in the foyer like he was waiting for me, so I told him all about my night over a bowl of cat food.

5 comments:

  1. haha i like sean. i hope he doesn't turn out to be a tool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Sean!!! Faith better not screw it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I officially love Sean! Sure hope he doesn't reveal himself to be a d-bag like the others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol - the honey part was hilarious! lol - Nice save Sean...lol - good post! :)

    ReplyDelete