Friday, July 9, 2010

With Held

****Author's Note: I don't know why this post's formatting is being weird. I've tried fixing it like five times and it won't change. Sorry dudes I know it's annoying to read.*******
“You guys, Sean won’t have sex with me.” I whined during our long over-due girl’s night. The four of us were sitting in a funky new restaurant that had a large aquariums lining the booths and ginormous flower arrangements hanging from the ceiling.
We were waiting for our order when my mind started to wander to the other night with Sean. When I arrived at his apartment for pizza and movies we had a blast. He gave me a tour of the place even though I’d already seen it. It did look different though with his furniture organized and a few boxes floating around.
We watched a chick flick (which I’m not really a big fan of, I think Sean rented it because he assumed I was into those types of movies) and then a sci-fi B-movie that was so terrible it was hilariously good. After we finished the movies we watched television for awhile before I started putting the moves on him. Then, he basically threw me out of his apartment (as nicely as he could) when I tried to take off his shirt. I was really bummed about it and it showed on my face, prompting Anna to ask me what was wrong.
“Why?” Elise asked, “You said the sex was great, what kind of guy turns down great sex?”
"Well, at first I thought it was cute that he wanted to wait, but now I'm starting to get confused about it."
“Maybe you should talk to him about it, just come right out and ask him.” Anna suggested.
The three of us looked at Zoey, who was silent.
“What? You don’t have anything to say missy,” Elise said eyeing her.
“Nope.”
“And just why is that?” Elise asked suspiciously, “You’re always ready with the advice.”
I smirked, “I think it has something to do with the fact that Zoey hasn’t had sex in two years.”
“TWO YEARS!?” Elise and Anna said together. Just then the waiter came with our food and Zoey tried to hide her face with a cloth napkin.
Elise ordered coconut shrimp, Anna ordered a pasta dish, Zoey got a chicken and strawberry salad, and I ordered a steak. When the waiter left Zoey tried to change the subject.
“This is delicious, what did you get Elise?”
“Coconut shrimp. Now talk. Two years?”
Zoey gave me a dirty look and basically talked in circles. She realized she wasn’t getting anywhere and changed the subject again, “Anyway, this isn’t about me, it’s about Faith and why Sean doesn’t want to sleep with her.”
“I think you should just talk to him.” Anna said.
“No, don’t do that. We can probably figure it out. How did the conversation about dating go?” Elise said taking a bite.
“Not as good as it could have gone. I basically freaked out and refused to admit I wanted a relationship. He eventually got me talking about Kevin and why I was reluctant and then we just kind of fell on the same page.”
“Hmmm. Could he be lightly punishing you?”
“For what?”
“For not being receptive to it. I mean you just wanted to keep using him as a sex toy and he might have felt hurt by that so now he’s refusing sex to prove a point…maybe?”
Anna chimed in, “Faith, Elise might have a point but that only emphasizes how much you should talk to Sean about this.”
“Those marriage counseling sessions have really gotten to your head Anna. I agree with her.” Zoey finally stopped being embarrassed long enough to chime in.
“I don’t really want to have that conversation with him. We’ve only been on three dates…I just can’t.”

“The longer you wait, the more you’re missing out on the honey moon period of your relationship.” Zoey said.
“Yeah but if she mentions it, she could immediately end the honey moon period with a huge fight. Fights about sex never turn out well, especially when it’s in the beginning of the relationship.” Elise took a sip of wine, resting her case.
The four of us never really settled on what I should do, but I’m leaning towards Elise. I like Sean and I don’t want to ruin what we’ve got going over something that could change during our next date.

5 comments:

  1. i think faith should talk to him. figuring things out without having a proper conversation never ends well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think Faith should talk to him...but I don't think he's "punishing" her. I think he is trying to have a real relationship with Faith, one that's not solely based on sex.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found it's always best to talk to them...they're so confusing those men. This is my first time here, just ran across your blog...love it...will be back to read more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree that Faith should talk to Sean - If he just lets her know where he stands, things will be fine....Unless his junk fell off or something...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree, Faith needs to talk to him. To keep the conversation light, maybe she could make a joke of him turning her down and throwing her out. Then build on the convo that way.

    ReplyDelete