Monday, July 5, 2010

Fireworks

Anna and Theo were having a barbeque at their house for the fourth of July and invited Elise, Zoey, and I to come celebrate.

“Thanks for having us over,” I handed Anna a big basket of strawberries.

“Oh, it’s no big deal. We love having people over.” Anna loves playing the hostess and scurried away to help Elise make margaritas.

Zoey and I surveyed the scene. Theo’s two brothers were hanging around by the grill talking smack about his grilling skills while their girlfriends sat in the shade sipping fruity drinks. A few of Theo’s friends were setting up a volleyball net and digging through a bucket to find a ball to toss around. Zoey and I decided to leave Anna and Elise at the drink station to go make small talk under the shade.

I had a blast at the party and as we were leaving to go watch the fireworks Sean sent me a text asking me to join him. I decided to say good bye and go meet him because I knew I was going to be exhausted after the fireworks show and the place Sean wanted to go was closer to my apartment.

“Hey, hot enough for you?” He smiled as I walked up to him by the train station.

“Tell me about it, I’m so sweaty and gross right now, I just want to watch the fireworks and then take a shower.”

“I see nothing but gorgeousness exude from your skin.” He laughed and then gave me a huge sweaty hug.

“Ewwwww!”

“Relax,” Sean reached into his bag and pulled out a water spritzer, “I’ve got us covered.” He motioned for me to spin around and then sprayed me with the cool water, I was instantly refreshed.

“Much better.” I gave him a kiss.

Sitting on the beach with Sean watching fireworks was extremely romantic even though we were surrounded by a hundred other people. I couldn’t have asked for a better holiday.

When I got home to shower I had a call from my brother.

“Hey! Happy fourth. Did they let you do anything fun today?”

“No, we had to do the PFT today. I did get to go to the beach though. I got slapped in the face with a boogie board. Now I’m heading to Denny’s.”

“Are you alright?”

“Yeah, my pride got hurt more than my face.” He laughed.

We talked for awhile. I told him about adopting Murphy and that our parents decided to go to Vegas for the holiday. My mom saw Cher perform and told me she cried.

“She cries at everything. Remember when she saw Barry Manillow?”
I giggled. It’s true, my mom does cry at every concert she goes to see, it’s like a tradition or something.

When we said our goodbyes I jumped in the shower and then went to bed. It was a pretty fantastic holiday overall, even though it was hotter than I would have preferred.

3 comments:

  1. Sean and fireworks....sounds like a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I am a big fan of your blog, I hope you dont mind that I put your blog in the section "my blog list" if you dont want me to I can remove it! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm glad you like it. Feel free to advertise my blog as much as you'd like :) Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete