Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Rules and Strings

I was able to pack up everything from my office before I left for my vacation so Sean and I decided to meet up later since I had nothing to do. He was in town doing a show so I went to go watch since the bar was close to his hotel. I stayed near the bar sipping a ginger ale and got a few smiles from Sean when he realized I was there. I couldn’t really help smiling back when he looked so pretty.

“Hey, I’m glad you came.” He said giving me a kiss, “Wouldn’t that be considered a string, though?” He lifted an eyebrow.

I grabbed his hand and we sat down at a booth, “I think we should have a more concrete conversation about what exactly we’re doing,” I said.

“Okay.”

“Would you agree there has been awkwardness?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay, so I’m thinking that the awkwardness is coming from a place where neither of us really wants to admit that we’re using the other one for sex. Would you agree with that?”

Sean smiled at me and agreed.

“Alright, then let’s set some ground rules.”

“Like what…and why?”

“Because I think setting ground rules will help us control what we’re doing…and limit any emotional attachments that might develop.”

“Okay.”

“First, I shouldn’t stay the night anymore. Staying the night is what couples do and we’re not a couple, plus the walk of shame in the morning is so much more shameful than one in the middle of the night where no one is around to see me,” I said laughing, “Second, no dinners, no movies, nothing date-like at all.”

“Alright.”

“Third, you don’t come to my place, I go to you.”

“Uh….why?”

“Because going to a hotel is neutral ground for both of us. If you come to my place it’ll be like having a boyfriend come over and since you’re not my boyfriend-“

“Yeah, I got it.”

“Fourth, we don’t meet each other’s friends. That means I don’t want to be introduced to your band mates and you don’t get introduced to my friends. I think those four rules should help with things.”

“So it’s just sex.”

“Just sex.”

“Then what are we still doing here?” Sean said grabbing my hand and heading toward he hotel laughing.

When we got to his room we ended up getting dirty in his shower and then ended up tangled in bed sheets about an hour later.

“I should go soon,” I said.

“Yeah, you wouldn’t want to break the rules,” he said moving my hair out of my face.

I smiled and rolled out of bed, which wasn’t the easiest feat considering how tangled up we were. Sean kissed me on the forehead as I left his room and said he’d call me later. Later was pretty soon because he sent me a text making sure I got home alright about an hour later.

4 comments:

  1. Oh....I see them both developing feelings for each other, that is, if they already haven't!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they already have feelings!! Sometimes you just can't control what you feel. And I think they might be good together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a traveling band - Sean sure is in town a lot! They are totally crushing on each other!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do like this blog Faith. Great job!

    ReplyDelete