Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Hunt is On

I saw Sean sitting in a booth at the burger place when I got there. We ordered some food and talked about Murphy and my new job.

“I am in LOVE with my new office! I even get to pick out the furniture I want for it. I’m so lucky I found this job…it’s like heaven.” I gushed.

“That sounds awesome, Faith. I’m really happy for you.”

“Thanks….so what did you want to talk to me about?”

Sean took a sip of his soda before starting, “You know how we had that rule about us only meeting in my hotel room?”

“Yeah.”

“Well…the band’s been doing really well.”

“That’s great….how does it relate to where we meet up?”

“The band is doing really well….here.”

“Uh-huh.”

“So I’m getting an apartment. I won’t be staying at a hotel anymore.”

“I see.”

“That means we won’t have a ‘neutral’ place to meet, as you put it.”

I didn’t really know what to say. Sean saw my mind going a mile a minute and tried to help by offering a suggestion.

“I mean….we could rent a room whenever we decide to meet up, I guess…”

“That’s such a waste of money for both of us though.”

“Maybe we should stop doing this.”

I looked at Sean.

“Do you want to?” I asked.

“Not really. Do you?”

“No.”

“So what do we do?”

“Well, how long until you actually get an apartment?”

“We’ve got a gig out of town next week but after that we’re playing places here, mostly. Our manager is going to pay the hotel bills until a few days after we get back….so about a week.”

“Okay, so we have a week to think about a solution to our little issue, then.”

Sean smiled and suggested we make use of his hotel stays as much as possible and we ended up going to his hotel room. As soon as the door closed he had me up against the door. He unzipped my jeans and we got busy; it was super hot. Probably not as hot as our little adventure in a bar bathroom but pretty damn close. We didn’t get to a bed until the third round, after which I had to go.

“Call me later after you get back and we’ll meet up again, okay?”

“Sure…” I sensed that he had something else he wanted to say.

“What?”

“Nothing.”

“No, really…what?”

“I just…I’m not really going to have a lot of time to actually find an apartment, but that’s not your problem.”

“Do you want me to help you? What do you need me to do?”

“This is breaking the rules, Faith.”

“I don’t care. We’re….friends…so let me help you out.”

“If I send you some places I find on the road and make appointments could you go and see them for me, tell me which ones are good and which ones are dumps?”

“I could do that. I could bring my camera with me and take videos and send them to you, too.”

“Are you sure you’re cool with this?”

“Yeah, no problem. I don’t have to be at work until two more weeks, so it’ll give me something to do. Stop worrying about it.”

“Thanks, you have no idea how much I appreciate this.”

“You’re welcome.” I said.

I put my shirt on and Sean leaned over. When my head popped out over the collar he kissed me but it was different than how it normally feels when we kiss. He gently touched my face and when we stopped kissing he brushed my hair away.

“What was that?”

“A thank you.”

I got home and answered his usual text asking if I got home okay and went to bed.

6 comments:

  1. Oooooo i'm sensing possible feelings from both sidessss!! I know she doesn't want to but he seems to be getting there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh for heavens sake they just need to start dating regular. They both really like each other and are terrible at a no strings attached relationship lol. And with Sean moving into town, pretty permanently just go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denial isn't a cool place to be! Grow up and face those scary feeling... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Sean is sure a crafty fella. He is easing Faith into more than a "no strings relationship" but you can tell he has feelings there. They should just get together and make it official.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like where this is going as well! I do kind of think that it is neat to prolong the "chase" but they hopefully will get there soon! :)

    ReplyDelete