Monday, June 28, 2010

Homecoming

Veronica called me today to talk about a possible change to the interviewing schedule.

“Faith, I’m looking at these writing samples and have weeded them through, but I was wondering what you would think of calling the candidates I’ve selected for a general interview.”

“I can do that. If you’re done I can pick them up later today or tomorrow.”

“I should be done tomorrow. I think doing this first interview will help us gauge the people that aren’t right for the company. I’m not going to include any of our current employees who filled out applications, though because I know that they’re a good fit since I hired them.”

“Alright, that sounds great. I’ll pick them up tomorrow after lunch and start scheduling interviews for later in the week. Do you want to be there for these?”

“No, I just want you to get the socially inept people out of our applicant pool.”

“Okay, I can do that.” I said giggling.

She said goodbye and we hung up. I went to check my e-mail and got a message from Sean:

Faith,
I think that third apartment is perfect for me so I don’t think I need you to go out looking at any more places. Thanks for your help. I’m calling the landlord today to let them know I’d like to sign the lease. Wanna celebrate later tonight at my hotel?
Sean
P.S. Can you wear the same underwear in the photos? Cause that was really hot.

I smiled and replied back that I would meet him later tonight but that I needed to pick up Murphy from the vet. He’s finally home!!! I asked Zoey to drive me there after work and she obliged. In the car I was antsy and excited to finally be able to give Murphy a home (and a giant kitty castle to boot).

“After we pick up Murphy let’s drop him off and go get dinner.” Zoey said.

“No can-do. Sorry.”

“Why? You’re usually free tonight, we haven’t had a hang out night for weeks!”

“I know, but I told Sean I’d meet him later.”

“If memory serves me right you guys don’t eat or go to dinner so why not just eat dinner with me and then I can drop you off at his hotel.”

“Alright. Point taken.”

We got to the vet’s office, kitty kennel in hand, ready to pick up Murphy. He was in his kennel with all of the stuff I had brought throughout his hospital stay scattered around him. He was sitting up and wagging his tail, like he was waiting for me. I placed all of his stuff inside the kennel I had brought and then put him in it. He didn’t put up a fight or anything. I think Murphy was just as ready to go home as I was to have him there!

I signed the discharge papers and paid the bill (ouch!) while Zoey took Murphy to the car. The vet gave me his pills and a special immune system boosting food and said that when he finished the medicine I should bring him back in for a check-up. I thanked the vet and then left.

When we got him up to the apartment I put the kennel on the floor and left the door open. Murphy was a bit hesitant to come out; it took him about 20 minutes to finally feel comfortable enough to walk out of the kennel. Meanwhile, Zoey and I decided on a dinner spot (a Mexican place) and I went to change into the lingerie I had worn in the photos I sent Sean.

During dinner, Zoey wanted to talk about Sean some more.

“I want to meet him.”

“No.”

“Why?”

“Cause it’s against the rules. Anyway, I don’t want Sean to be involved in my personal life. He’s in my life to satisfy me and vice versa. We both agreed to it.”

“Fine.”

“Zoey, why don’t you date? We always talk about my sex life but you never bring up yours. It wasn’t always like this….”

“I haven’t had any relationships to dish on. I’ve been busy at work and stuff.”

“Have you tried internet dating or speed dating or anything?”

“No. I’m not really looking for a relationship right now and the past few dates I’ve been on have been disasters. You remember the last guy, right?”

“Yeah. I do…but don’t you have….needs?”

“I can take care of those just fine with a set of batteries and some molded silicone.”

“Yeah but…when was the last time…?”

I could tell Zoey was uncomfortable but I was kind of annoyed with her about the Sean thing so I kept pushing.

“About two years, okay?”

“Oh my God, Zoey!”

“SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” Zoey looked over her shoulder at some strangers who were looking our direction. She put her hands up on both sides of her head trying to shield her face.

“I’m sorry….but two years!? You need an arrangement like Sean and I have…”

“I don’t need anything. And I certainly don’t need some complicated non-relationship with rules and stuff.”

“Touché.”

After dinner Zoey dropped me off at Sean’s hotel where he thoroughly enjoyed my outfit and living through the photos from before. When I got home Murphy was laying at the top of his kitty castle snoring.

2 comments:

  1. HOLY Zoey - You better get some a$$ soon! :D lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Murphey is home. Guess if you go that long you just get used to it?? Maybe??

    ReplyDelete