Saturday, June 26, 2010

Castle Hunting

I got an e-mail from Sean with a list of appointment times and addresses to go look at this morning. I grabbed my digital camera and headed out. First, I stopped at the vet’s office, said hello to Murphy and spent some quality time with him. He’s looking really good and meowed for the first time today. He’s even playing with the toys I bought him, but he loses his energy pretty quickly.

I went to the first address and didn’t even bother taking a video. It’s shocking how much money people expect for apartments that teeter on the side of unlivable. You’d think they would clean the apartment to make it look nice beforehand but there wasn’t even a lock on the door. I obliged the landlord and looked around the place for about five minutes.

“I’ll tell him to call you if he’s interested.” I said excusing myself.

The next address was nice so I took a video of the various rooms. The building had an elevator and the apartment I was looking at has a pretty large bathroom for a one bedroom, so that’s a definite plus (or maybe I just think that because I’m a woman and appreciate a large amount of counter space in bathrooms).

“Thanks, I’ll make sure he calls you if he’s interested.” I said to the landlord as I left.

The final apartment was about the same caliber as the second one. It didn’t have as large of a bathroom but it had exposed brick walls and an amazing kitchen-living room combo with a granite island. I took video of the rooms and thanked the landlord for their time.

On the way home I stopped at the pet store and bought the most adorable kitty castle. It has a built in hammock on the top with green curtains on either side. In the middle tier there’s a cat scratching post on top of a cube with circles cut out on two sides. The bottom tier has a tunnel that connects to the right side of the cube and has a feather rope hanging off of it. It’s covered in brown carpeting with green accents and is SO cute. I asked the store to have it delivered tomorrow, which they agreed to do. It’s not heavy, I just can’t walk home with something so large and awkward.

I stopped and picked up a toasted sandwich from a deli on the way home and then uploaded the videos to my computer so I could send them to Sean. I might have also thrown in some tempting photographs of myself in some underwear, too.

I called Zoey and told her about my day.

“So you and Sean aren’t just hooking up anymore, then?”

“What? No.”

“Really? Cause you’re acting like his girlfriend, Faith.”

“No, I’m not. We have an agreement and he understands that. I’m not crossing any lines.”

“No, you’re just sending him mixed signals altogether.”

“Zoey you don’t even know what you’re talking about.” I said getting irritated.

“Faith, you’re helping him find an apartment, you’re sending him sexy pictures, you guys go on dates…tell me what I’m missing here.”

“We don’t go on dates, that was once and it was because he needed to talk to me. The other times were because we were new to the whole ‘hooking up’ thing. After we set up some ground rules we haven’t broken them.”

“Okay. What about the text messages he sends you making sure you get back okay?”

“What about them?”

“Faith, the guy is falling for you….you just don’t want to see it. And you know what else?”

“What?” I said shortly.

“You’re falling for him too, and you just haven’t realized it yet.”

After that I made up an excuse to get off the phone. Zoey’s wrong. I don’t have feelings for Sean outside of the realm of sexual feelings. I’m helping him out with his apartment because he asked me to and I happen to have the time to do it right now, that’s all.

3 comments:

  1. I'm with Zoey, they are so falling for each other!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! TOTALLY! Faith - give it up..your going to go head over heels! :)

    Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faith is fighting it but the feelings are already there.

    ReplyDelete