Friday, June 25, 2010

Promises

I stopped by the vet’s office and brought some work things with me to be productive while I hung out with Murphy.

“What do you think of this armchair?”

Murphy twitched.

“You’re right…I need something more like this, right?” I pointed to a white and cerulean blue desk.

He yawned.

“Still not good enough? I know….how about a gray and lavender color scheme? This office chair would be perfect.”

Murphy stretched and started purring. I smiled and continued thumbing through the office furniture catalogue Veronica had given me. I decided on a sleek gray desk set with a matching office chair, lavender armchairs with a gray and lavender accent rug for a receiving area for guests and a glass and gray coffee table with a lavender couch and matching book shelves to go on either side of it. The couch also has gray cushions to go with it. Finally, my file cabinets are gray but I’m thinking about bringing a spider plant and a glass vase with purple orchids in from home as well as some other things to dress them up and add some flare.

The vet walked in while I was stroking Murphy.

“So, Murphy is making great progress and I think he can be brought home within the week. We just want to make sure he doesn’t have another relapse so we’re going to hold him for observation for a few more days.”

“That’s wonderful!”

“He’ll be a little less energetic than you would expect a cat of his age to be but he’ll slowly regain his energy and I think he’ll be just as playful as a kitten when he’s completely better.”

“Why’s that?”

“Well, Murphy didn’t really get to have that when he was a kitten so he’ll probably want to be more playful now that he’s not in such an oppressive or abusive environment. Not being so ill helps too.”

I thanked the doctor and when he left, I gave Murphy a big hug. I said good bye and put him in his kennel. Luckily, I was able to power through the rest of my applications while at the vet’s office and am happy to say that I got them to Veronica three days early.

I spent my night looking at kitty castles online and decided to go to a local pet store tomorrow now that I knew what I wanted. I’m keeping my promise.

1 comment: