Monday, August 30, 2010

My Therapist

Zoey and I had decided to go to dinner after work and she was really excited to tell me about how her date with Wesley went.

“He really liked taking pictures of me,” she said, “I thought he’d enjoy taking pictures of the flowers more. But when he showed me the pictures when we got back…I was in a lot of them”

“Awwww….you sound like that bothers you.” I said.

“Well…it doesn’t bother me…I asked him about it and he didn’t seem to notice I was in a lot of them until after I mentioned it.”

“So?” I asked, “I think it’s cute…it means he’s thinking about you even when he doesn’t realize it. Just enjoy his attention Zoey. Why are you trying to find the negatives?”

“You’re right. I guess I just still can’t believe that he’s attracted to me.”

“If you ask me it seems like he’s more than just attracted.”

“Good thing I didn’t ask you,” Zoey said, blushing, “How are you and Sean doing?”

I groaned a little over my plate of pasta.

“Come on…spill.”

“I’m in love with him.” I said stabbing a mushroom.

Zoey started laughing at me. I glared at her.

“Why are you upset about that!?”

“Because Sean doesn’t know. And I don’t want to tell him because I don’t know how it will affect his…problem.”

“I see.” Zoey raised her eyebrows and put her fork down, “Do you think he’s close to saying it back to you?”

“Honestly….I have no idea. We’ve had to work through so many problems that I have no clue how he feels about me….other than the fact that he at least likes me…I mean…he is my boyfriend.”

“What are you worried will happen if you tell him, though?”

“Well…the usual things, like if he’ll say it back to me. But then there’s this whole other issue with him in the bedroom that I’m worried about. He’s seeing someone now to help him and I feel like if I say it it’s going to put too much pressure on him to either say it back or make progress with his therapist. Or it might make him regress and I don’t want to be responsible for that. He might stop going altogether.”

“Or…he could say it back.” Zoey smiled.

“Yeah…but if he doesn’t it could do some major damage. I can wait until he says it.”

“Then why are you so miserable about it?”

“Because I want to tell him but I just shouldn’t, it goes against my better judgment.”

“Okay, then. What if you accidentally say it?”

“That’s why I’m stressed out over it.”

“Uh-huh. Well. I think you should tell him, but that’s just me.”

I signaled the waiter over for our check as Zoey’s words sunk in. She was right. I should tell Sean but it could put a huge strain on things and we’ve just gotten to a good place with Sean’s issues, I don’t want to ruin anything.

“You know, Sean wanted me to ask Theo and Anna to go on a double date with us some time. We should do that with you and Wesley too. It would be fun.” I said changing the subject.

“I’ll ask him about it.” She said reaching for her purse, “He’ll probably be up for it since you’re the only friend of mine he hasn’t met.”

I gave Zoey a look somewhere between hurt and shocked.

“What? Anna works at the magazine with me and Elise has done shoots with him. You had to have known that Faith. It’s not like I was purposely trying to stop you from meeting him or anything.”

“I know…but now I feel all left out.” I said giving Zoey the puppy eyes.

“Oh, please. You’re going to meet him, okay? I’ll make sure we schedule a double date for next week.”

I smiled and we started talking about the possibility of grabbing some ice cream once dinner was paid for.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just finished reading through this blog. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol- Oh Faith, you wouldnt have had time to meet him with all that is going on with you! :) No worries, would like to see the double date happen! :D

    ReplyDelete