Friday, May 7, 2010

Scott

Scott started today. I walked him to Kevin’s office after going over the basics and knocked on the door.

“Kevin, your personal secretary is here, I’d like to introduce you to them.”

Kevin nodded and stood up to greet Scott, thinking he’d be a woman. When Scott came into view from the hallway, Kevin’s disposition changed. I couldn’t help but have a beaming smile on my face, even when Kevin gave me a dirty look. This moment was priceless; I wish I’d had a video camera. Scott started asking Kevin questions and I took the opportunity to sidle away with a cutesy little wave to Kevin on the way back to my office.

About an hour later, Kevin walked into my office and closed the door.

“Dudes can’t be secretaries! What is this?”

“Oh yes they can Kevin, and unless you want the paper to have a lawsuit slapped on it I wouldn’t say that too loudly. What is the problem? Did you honestly think I would hire someone, like Hannah, who had no credentials or skills just so you could ogle them all day? Do you even need a personal secretary or was this just a way for you to cheat on Hannah some more?” I said viciously.

Kevin was struck speechless. He started stuttering and I cut him off.

“What? Did you think you were hiding it? You may have used me but I got to know you more than you think especially after breaking up with you. Stop trying to manipulate me Kevin and just do your job. Scott is more than capable when it comes to being your secretary but if you haven’t done any work because you keep trying to screw me over and make it hard to work with you. Why don’t you actually do some work so Scott can assist you?”

There was a pause.

“You can leave now.”

He glared at me and walked out of my office. I rolled my eyes and closed that part of my chapter. I have three job interviews in the next few days and there’s one that I really want. It’s an HR position for a news company, I would hire researchers, reporters, and on-air talent for them and there would be no board of directors directly in control of my decisions. It also pays a lot more than what I make here. I sent an e-mail to George asking him to give me a recommendation for it and I’m picking it up later after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment