Friday, May 14, 2010

Hannah

I saw a blonde streak cross my office door and didn’t really give it an extra thought until I heard yelling coming from Kevin’s office. He had shut the door before anyone could figure out what the fight was about but Hannah had definitely arrived. I decided to close my door and mist my plants to relax. By the end of the day, she was still there, but they weren’t fighting, she was just sitting there in his office staring at him while he did work. I looked at Scott who shared a dismayed look and made a beeline to where I was standing.

“I need to talk to you.”

“Okay, let’s go to my office.”

“Is this normal?”

“Is what normal?”

“Um…how can I put this delicately…the blonde psycho that’s sitting in Kevin’s office.”

“You mean does she come by often?”

“Yeah!”

“Well, she’s been here before, but she’s never been so angry before.”

“It’s not just that…I have to field her calls ALL the time and recently Kevin told me to ignore them which is why I think she’s here. Do I need to fear for my life?”

“I think Kevin’s the only one who needs to fear for his life. You’ve been doing a great job Scott, is there anything you have questions about or anything I can do to help you out?”

“Can you get rid of Hannah?”

“No, but security can. If this happens again, maybe you could consider calling them.”

Scott laughed and said goodbye. There was something weird going on with Hannah and the secretary job and just everything surrounding the whole ordeal with Kevin and that new position. I grabbed my bag and jacket and looked at Kevin’s office, I could see Hannah’s face and took the whole view in. She was really fashionable. Too fashionable. She was wearing designer clothes and had an extremely expensive haircut. All of that was great but there was something Kevin once said to me about Hannah: That he was using her to get everything he wanted. Why would a woman who isn’t even qualified to be a secretary be Kevin’s ticket to a new life? It was clear she came from money…but she was also educated. I decided to look into this more and sneakily took a picture of Hannah with my camera phone. I knew just the people to show it to.

4 comments:

  1. Embezzlement? OOOooooO. I smell a scandal coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something's going on. And don't forget the flowers and the sympathy card. And I do believe Kevin had nothing to do with those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With a fiance like Kevin it's no wodner she's "psycho". He's a d-bag who cheater on her, probably more than once. And now she is checking up on him and he probably hates it.

    I always figured she wanted to be a secretary to keep tabs on her man's wondering eye. But who knows.

    ReplyDelete