Saturday, July 9, 2011

Time and Space

“Am I crazy?” I asked Zoey and Molly.

We were in a bookstore café perusing our purchases from a long day of shopping. I was sharing a slice of cheesecake with them and talking about my Sean problems.

“For wanting to work through it? I don’t know. Do you think he’ll cheat on you again?” Molly asked.

“No. I don’t, but I didn’t think he’d do it the first time, so obviously my judgment on that particular issue doesn’t really matter.”

“He’s agreed to see the counselor; that counts for something, right?” Zoey said.

“Yeah, I guess so. I just have a lot to think about.”

“Not really.” Zoey shrugged.

“What?”

“Go with your gut, Faith. Do you want to be with him?” She asked looking at me.

“I don’t know. I’m torn, part of me says ‘yes’ and another says ‘no’ but I can’t tell if the ‘no’ part of me thinks that only because women aren’t ‘supposed’ to stay with men who cheat on them. I also can’t tell if the ‘yes’ part of me wants to stay with him only because we were engaged.”

“You need something to force you to decide.” Molly said.

“Like what? A near-death experience?”

“No, like an instinct game.”

“A game?” I raised my eyebrow at her.

“Here, we can do it right now. I’ll say a word and you say the first thing that comes to into your head, okay?” Molly said excitedly.

Zoey giggled and sat back to watch.

“Okay,” Molly said, “sports.”

“Baseball.”

“Mojito.”

“Mint.”

“Grand Canyon.”

“Arizona.”

“Harry Potter.”

“Awesome.”

“Twilight.”

“Horrible.”

“Sean.”

“T-shirts.”

Zoey raised her eyebrow at me and smiled.

“Really?” Molly said, “He’s your ex-fiancé and the only thing you come up with is ‘T-shirts’? Are you kidding me?”

I shrugged, “It’s what came to mind first. He looks hot in plain T-shirts, okay? Stop judging me!” I teased.

“You could make a pros and cons list.” Zoey joked.

I nudged her as we got up to leave.

I had a nice time shopping with them. It got my mind off of things for a little bit but I still have no idea what to do about my relationship. I’m so confused. Every time I try to think through it my thoughts get so meddled with all the complexities of the situation.

4 comments:

  1. I think that the "instinct game" was good for Faith...I mean when she heard Sean's name, she thought of t-shirts...NOT cheating. I think that counts for something. If she isn't automatically associating his name with a horrible incident then she can work past this. I really think though that him being on tour with Karen is going to pose more of a problem then she is thinking it is going to. I think she needs to have it out with Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH...Cat fight with Karen! LOL - that would be a heck of an entry! I still don't think Faith will be happy if she stays with him though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just out of curiosity, does anyone remember when Faith was in touch with Karen to help her plan the visit to Sean where he fessed up? Did that happen before or after their anniversary?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was before the anniversary fiasco. She said she was happy she didn't cancel her trip after they had made up.

    ReplyDelete