Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sponges

I got home from work last night and just knew. Sean wasn’t home but I just knew that it was now or never. I changed out of my work clothes and put on a black circle skirt that hit right above my thighs and a white, short-sleeved Henley shirt. I put my hair up in a messy bun and kicked my shoes off before making dinner. I made cheesy scalloped potatoes, pan-fried chicken breasts, and green beans. I had set the table just as Sean walked in carrying his guitar case and a messenger bag. He was wearing dark jeans, his old tennis shoes, and a white, long-sleeved shirt; his hair was perfectly tousled. He was listening to his iPod and took out his earphones slowly when he saw me standing next to the table. Suddenly, a wave of nervousness coated my body.

“Hey.” He said giving me a half-smile as he took his messenger bag off with one hand.

“Hi.” I said shifting my weight from one foot to the other, “I…made dinner.”

“It smells really good.” He said coming over to me.

We stood there awkwardly for a beat before I decided to throw caution to the wind and kiss Sean. It was just as bad as when we kissed in front of Mike’s office and the other night. I actually think it might have been worse, to be honest. As soon as our lips touched, Sean seized up and jammed his hands into his pockets and I didn’t know where to put mine so I had them clasped behind my back. There was no tongue so it was just awkward and long and actually kind of awful. When we broke apart, Sean cleared his throat and looked at the table. We sat down and started eating. Aside from Sean’s compliments on how the food tasted and my “thank yous” dinner was also awkward and lacked any substantial conversation.

At one point we talked about the weather:

“I saw a cloud shaped like a boat today.” Sean said.

“Oh. That’s…cool. Like a sail boat?” I asked.

“No, more like a tug boat…or maybe a canoe?” He said.

That was the point where I realized that my romantic dinner plans had crashed and burned. When both of us had finished eating I stood up to collect the plates to wash them.

“I’ll wash them.” Sean said shooing me away.

I went to my bedroom and sat on the edge of my bed, dejected as Sean cleaned off the table. I could hear him washing the dishes so I laid backwards and sighed at the ceiling. Crossing my arms, I shook my head and got angry at how poorly my dinner had gone and how my plans for the evening were probably shot. I felt restless so I got up to go help Sean with the dishes but stopped when I got to the archway of the kitchen. His sleeves were rolled up and his hair was in his eyes. I smiled and leaned against the archway for a bit before going back to my room with a new level of determination. I let my hair fall out of my bun and then slid out of my skirt before pulling off my shirt. Then I took a deep breath and looked in the mirror before heading back to the kitchen.

I leaned against the archway again.

“Sean?”

“Yeah?” He said over his shoulder without looking at me.

I felt like I was walking in slow motion towards him. When he saw me standing next to him his eyes widened and I didn’t give him the chance to hesitate. I stood on my tip-toes and kissed him and finally, finally something clicked. One of his hands was in my hair, getting it soapy and wet; the other was still clutching the sponge and was on the small of my back. Sean was pulling me toward him which made the hot, soapy water from the sponge dribble down my backside. I was clutching his shirt with one hand and had my other arm slung over his shoulder, his hand travelled from the small of my back to the back of my thigh where he lifted me onto the edge of the sink. We came up for air and Sean did a double take at his hand before throwing the sponge over his shoulder, laughing, and going back to kissing me. I wrapped my legs around him and shut the water off in the sink by frantically feeling around for the faucet behind me. He started moving backward and stopped in the kitchen archway where I took his shirt off and started kissing along his jaw line.

I pushed him out of the archway and against the wall in the hallway before unbuttoning the top of his fly and slipping a hand beneath the waistband. I pulled his mouth to mine as he started lightly moaning. One of his hands was gripping my butt and the other was on the back of my head. I slipped my fingers in his belt loops and pulled him into my bedroom by his waist where he unhooked my bra and I unzipped his jeans. He let them fall to the floor before taking off his boxers and sitting on the edge of the bed. I took my underwear off and straddled him and began rocking back and forth. His hands were pressing down hard on my hips and his mouth was roving over my chest and neck.

He flipped me over onto my back after a few minutes and then pulled me up while I was under him so he could get a better position. While he was on top of me our hands interlocked and he started kissing my neck which caused me to get pretty loud. We were both pretty close and Sean started moving faster. He let go of one of my hands and moved his newly free hand between my legs where he started gently rubbing a certain part of my body. My free hand gripped the covers on my bed. I was biting my lip to keep from screaming until Sean kissed me hard right as we both finished. Sean continued moving while our bodies both shuddered when I suddenly felt a second wave hit me. I arched my back and gripped the covers again while Sean looked at me with surprise.

“What was that?” He asked out of breath.

“Um. I think I had…I think I had a double orgasm.” I said.

I broke my other hand from his and moved some hair out of Sean’s eyes and kissed him again. He slid off of me, then I got up and wrapped a long sweater around myself before sidling up next to him and putting my hand on his chest. He kissed my forehead; we laid like that for a long time.

I put my pajamas on eventually while Sean put on a pair of boxers. We ate ice cream on the couch and finally had a conversation that wasn’t mind-numbingly boring or atrociously awkward. Later we had sex again before Sean fell asleep. I stayed up and, surprisingly, started crying but I don’t really know why. I don’t even know if it was because of sadness or happiness. I just know that it happened.

(I am SO sorry about this posting late. It's the first week of classes for me and I completely forgot about the blog last night with trying to get everything ready for today's classes. -del)

3 comments:

  1. really really good post. hehe.

    BUT i still don't understand how you could still be attracted to someone who hurt you as much as Sean hurt Faith to be ok with having sex with them, when having sex with someone ELSE is how they hurt you. heck, when the bf and i have a big fight sometimes i dont want him to touch me, i can't imagine being hurt the way Sean hurt Faith and still finding him attractive enough to want to have sex with him. When a guy has hurt me in the past, his attractiveness diminishes like WHOA.

    really good post though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a cigarette....

    @ Adriana, I can understand being attracted to someone who hurt me...I will say that I'd like to think that cheating is a deal breaker for me, but until I'm in that situation I don't know for sure. Keep in mind, it's been like a month since Faith had had any action...so attraction may not have been a huge factor either :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL @ cigarettes and waiting a month...here here! Who knows what she might have been thinking...

    Great post...!

    ReplyDelete