Monday, October 18, 2010

Chicken

I finally met Wesley! He’s GORGEOUS. I completely understand what Zoey was saying about his looks. He has beachy, wavy blonde hair, shocking blue eyes and a really nice body (from what I could tell under his fitted shirt). The greatest thing about Wesley is how he looks at Zoey, though. He really does only have eyes for her when they’re together. We did the basic dinner and a movie double date except that I used Sean to do me a favor and invite Wesley to Zoey’s surprise party while they waited in the concession line at the movie (Zoey and I were getting seats in the theatre). So Wesley knows and not only that but Sean told me that he wanted to help us set it up, so that gained him about a million bonus points from me.

At dinner we made small talk about our jobs and the food and it was a really pleasant date. Zoey and I went to the bathroom about halfway through dinner to discuss how things were going.

“So, what do you think of him?” She asked.

“He’s great, Zoey. I’m glad you’re with someone so nice and genuine. I can tell he really likes you.”

Zoey smiled and then gave me a sideways look and a knowing smirk.

“And how are you? And Sean? With…it?”

“Um….we haven’t stopped having sex for a week, basically.”

“So he’s finally able to-”

“Yeah….and it’s amazing. It is, by far, some of the best sex I’ve ever had.”

This is true. Sean and I have been having the best sex ever and we’ve been doing it almost constantly. In his apartment, in my apartment, in our hallways, in our kitchens, against doors and walls, you name it, we’ve probably had sex on it by this point.

“I thought you looked more sexed up since I last saw you. Which, by the way, I’m sorry I’ve been so M.I.A, you know how it is when you start dating someone.”

“Don’t worry about it; I know you would have made time for me if I really needed you. And I kind of did the same thing once I started dating Sean, anyway. I get it.”

Zoey suddenly gave me a hug.

“What was that for?”

“I’m just really happy with…everything….lately. I’ve felt like a completely different person since I met Wesley. I feel happier.”

Zoey was beaming but the feeling of guilt that had crashed over me was eating me from the inside out.

“Zoey, I need to tell you something.” I said looking at the sink.

“Okay.”

I opened my mouth to speak and my voice caught in my throat.

“I-I’m so happy for you. Wesley is just great.”

My shoulders drooped at the lie but Zoey didn’t notice, she continued to talk about Wesley and how much she enjoyed being around him and I just didn’t have the heart to tell her. We left the bathroom shortly thereafter and Sean could tell something was up but he waited until the four of us said our good-byes for the night to ask me about it.

“Did you and Zoey get into a fight or something?”

“No. I tried to tell her about Elise hitting on Wesley but I chickened out. She was talking about how happy she was…I just couldn’t be responsible for destroying her happiness like that. I’m a horrible friend.” I said quietly.

“Faith, stop beating yourself up. This situation with Elise is really complicated and it’s not fair that you’re the only one who’s trying to work through it. Unlike Anna, you’re refusing to deny there’s a problem.”

“Anna isn’t a bad person, Sean, she’s just an optimist…to a fault. She wants to believe that Elise is the same person she was a year ago and she’s just not. I just wish I knew why she’s changed so much.”

“Sometimes there isn’t an explanation, Faith. And more often than not, we never get one.”

Sean pulled me in for a hug and I silently nodded.

5 comments:

  1. While I do believe that Zoey should know about what Elise was pulling that probably wasn't the time or the place to lay that on her.

    Wesley seems like a good guy and he seems to be into Zoey. Maybe he was just humoring Elise...at least I hope so.

    Seems like Faith and Sean are making up for lost time. Good for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear about the massive amounts of sex: Faith and Sean deserve some fun after all that frustration and waiting.

    Wonder if Elise is going to pull something at the surprise party that kind of lets-the-cat-out-of-the-bag about the big secret. Or, things will be visibly awkward between her and Wesley, and Zoey will pick up on it. Faith will probably wind up really wishing she'd just told Zoey while she had the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Witchy you are prob right, although I agree with Tinkerbell that that wasn't the time or place. Faith should just invite Zoey over and tell her. I'm sure Wesley was just humoring Elise by flirting back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh-huh, (their date-night not being the right time to tell Zoey)...though, that's not what I meant. Faith has had ample time and opportunity to tell Zoey about Elise. She still has time to get it out to her before they're all together, (with Elise), and it comes out anyway. At least then, Zoey won't feel like Faith and Anna are in on a "cover-up", and they won't get stuck with any of the fallout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am sure the cat will be out of the bag at the party. Having them all in one room with this big of secret looming overhead is a recipe for disaster.

    ReplyDelete