Monday, April 19, 2010

Talking to Plants

I went to work on Monday with a new outlook on the Kevin situation: Avoid. After running to my office to avoid being seen, I ate lunch in Dina and Suzy’s office….alone, and when I left for the day I contemplated the merits of leaving through my window rather than the front doors. Apparently the window was the better option because as soon as I started to walk across the lobby, Hannah walked into the doors. My immediate instinct was to hide and I found one of those extremely large lobby plants that hid me completely. She stopped in the middle of the lobby and took out her cell phone.

“Where are you? …. Do I need to go upstairs? …well then how long are you going to be? ….FINE.”

She sighed and angrily shut her phone and shoved it into her designer purse. Then she started walking toward my direction. I started to panic and began looking for an escape route frantically. She sat on a white and gray modern couch right next to the plant and flipped through a magazine. I was hiding for so long that I ended up sitting between the plant and the wall; it must have been at least 45 minutes before Kevin showed up. He came up behind her and gave her a kiss but she wasn’t in a very good mood, I guess that’s expected when you catch your boyfriend cheating.

“What were you doing upstairs?” She asked suspiciously.

“I was working Hannah, I had a meeting with the board, you know, the one about them hiring me.” Kevin grabbed her hand and started walking her towards the exit much to my relief and confusion. The board doesn’t meet on Mondays, which meant Kevin was blatantly lying about what he was doing upstairs. Besides, I schedule those kinds of meetings for the board members and I know for a fact it’s on Friday MORNING. He couldn’t just say that he was working because that wouldn’t be a good enough excuse for Hannah, but if it was an important meeting about getting George’s job….she’d apparently accept an excuse like that.

I waited for them to leave and started to collect my things when I saw a woman’s shadow peak around one of the elevators across from me. I immediately ducked for cover. I couldn’t tell who it was, but I knew Kevin was definitely not telling the truth about having a meeting with the board. Things might have just gone in my direction….

1 comment:

  1. Looks like Kevin has another victim in his sights. Timt to use it to her advantage. Get that creep fired!

    ReplyDelete