Saturday, April 10, 2010

Faith's Day Out

Zoey showed up at my door this morning.

“Get dressed, Faith, we’re going out.”

“What.” I looked at her with an “are you crazy” look.

“Let’s go, put on some flip flops, put your hair up and for crying out loud put some actual pants on!” She said eyeing my pajamas with disdain.

“Zoey, I get that you’re trying to get me to stop moping around, but I’m not moping around because I broke up with Kevin…”

“I know that’s why I’m taking you somewhere special. Now get your butt in some jeans.”

She crossed her arms and eyed me while I pouted. Eventually I gave in and got dressed into real clothes. I put on some flip flops, capri jeans, and a white tank top.

“Okay, I’m ready now where are we going?”

“Not yet, you’ll see when we get there.”

I sighed and trudged out the door, while Zoey called a cab. She handed the driver a slip of paper with the address on it and sat in the back smiling to herself.

“I’m glad one of us is happy about this.” I said glumly.

“Oh, quiet you!” Zoey joked, she wasn’t going to let my bad mood dampen her plans, apparently.

We arrived at a chic little place on the corner of a street. It had green and purple awnings and flowery writing that I couldn’t read. Zoey rushed me into the building to meet Elise and Anna.

“Hey guys, I didn’t know you would be here.”

“We had to set things up.” Anna said cheerily.

I finally took in my surroundings, we were in one of the most in demand day spas in the city. It was a place I’d wanted to go for years.

“How did you guys get a reservation?”

“Anna and Zoey used their contacts at the magazine to pull some strings. They were able to get all four us booked in the premium package in about two hours’ notice and at half the price.” Elise said taking my coat and handing it to the front receptionist.

We spent the day getting manicures and pedicures, getting our hair styled, eating gourmet food, and having one of the best massages I’ve ever had. We were sitting around near the luxurious Jacuzzi spa they had in a sun room covered by palm trees and exotic plant life. It was so relaxing.

“I feel better, but….I don’t want this to be something I’ll always be wary of in the future. I mean, Dean lied to me before Kevin and now….I’m not even really know if Kevin lied to me, but he definitely wasn’t honest about a lot of things. How am I not going to be a crazily suspicious girlfriend when I date other people?” I said getting depressed again.

Zoey handed me a fruity, bubbly drink, “You’ll learn from it, it won’t make you a crazy girlfriend Faith. You’re still who you were before, I think all of us would have said something if Kevin started changing you. I think the danger of you becoming a crazy person has passed, it’ll only be an issue if you don’t break it off with Kevin. You can’t keep making excuses for his behavior.”

I knew Zoey was right, but part of me feels like I need to hear Kevin out in order to get closure and move on. I’m still not sure what really happened and if Hannah knew but I know we won’t continue dating. Frankly, Kevin made me feel like I didn’t deserve respect or love and I don’t think I can forgive someone for making me feel that way.

2 comments:

  1. Good friends are great aren't they??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love the girls, huh? I wouldn't make it without my girls, wouldn't want to!

    ReplyDelete