Thursday, April 8, 2010

Damaged

I woke up in a haze on Zoey’s couch and heard familiar muffled voices coming from her kitchen; Elise, Zoey, and Anna. I got up and sat lifeless on the couch; Elise laid out some clothes for me in Zoey’s bedroom (All three of them have keys to my apartment and Elise stopped by on her way over to get me something to wear). I took a shower and got dressed. I threw my dress away, in my hurry to get out of Kevin’s apartment last night I’d ripped it and it was a lost cause. When I was no longer a hot sobbing mess I sat down at Zoey’s table and told the three of them what happened.

“I was in the middle of having an orgasm when she walked in. I feel dirty. I think I’m still in shock, you should have seen Hannah’s face.”

“Maybe she just hasn’t moved out yet and was surprised that Kevin has moved on?” Elise said trying to look on the bright side.

“Either way, we’re done. I can’t deal with his messy complex relationship with Hannah anymore, if it’s even true that he broke up with her. His apartment didn’t look like someone was in the process of moving out, there were no boxes or anything and the hurt on Hannah’s face is something that I will never forget. Was I stupid?” I looked at them pleadingly.

“No, you trusted Kevin because you, like all of us, believe that trusting who you’re dating is part of being in a relationship. He clearly doesn’t have the same standard as the majority of the population.” Zoey said as she slid me a cup of orange juice and jellied toast.

“I…I don’t know….I feel so….” I started crying again, not for breaking up with Kevin but because he manipulated me, he made me feel like a cheap thrill, like he never had any emotional connection with me at all. Anna patted my back and Elise handed me a tissue. Once I composed myself I finished eating and decided to go home. I just wanted to be alone.

We said goodbye and I thanked them for all being there for me. I called a cab and saw that I had a ton of missed calls and texts from Kevin. I deleted them all without even looking at them. Thankfully we don’t have work today and Monday, so I won’t have to see him for a decent amount of time. I’m going to need it to make myself feel better.

4 comments:

  1. Good girl Faith - stay strong. Hopefully next time you'll trust your instincts a little more. And what wonderful friends you have, being there to help. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, why does everyone delete texts and v/m's w/o reading or listening. I know he doesn't deserve to be heard, but I'm just a curious person lol. I really feel bad for Faith when she goes back to work, He's going to be all over her trying to explain with some dumbass excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you Laura B, I would listen, if for no othe reason than to laugh at his groveling.

    I'm bad, I know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I am curious by nature as well. I would have to hear what his lame excuses are even though I would still tell him to take a hike. And I really hope Faith doesn't give him a second chance either because he's not worth it.

    ReplyDelete