Monday, December 3, 2012

Meet the Boys


Meeting Mike’s firehouse pals was a very interesting experience. I arrived with brisket in a winter coat over a pair of jeans, high-heeled boots, and a T-shirt with a football on it (so sue me, I’m not that into sports). Mike met me outside in his uniform.

“Wow.” I said coming up to him. Seeing him in his uniform was a major turn on.

“It doesn’t look as good if the suspenders are up.” He joked.

 I gave him a kiss and he took me on a tour of the garage where they keep everything. The truck is bigger up close than when you just see them driving around.

“I just got finished washing her with Tony.”

“That has to be a pain in the ass, right?” I asked.

“You have no idea.” Tony said as he came around the corner.

He went in for a hug but realized I was holding meat.

“I brought this for everyone; I figured you could cook it some other time.” I suddenly felt very awkward holding out several pieces of wrapped meat out in front of me.

“Aw, this is great; I’ll take it upstairs and put it in the freezer.” Tony said taking it off my hands.

“So, do you want to meet the love of my life?” Mike asked mischievously.

I gave him a confused look and he whistled. Bounding around the corner was a large Dalmatian.

“Dolly!” I said. I bent down and scratched her ears while she tried to give me big sloppy kisses, “Oh, she’s so cute, I love her. Can we take her home?”

“She’s gotta stay here for now, my apartment doesn’t allow pets.” Mike said kneeling down to rub her belly.
After 20 minutes of cooing to Dolly and lots of belly rubs and tail wagging, Mike and I went upstairs.

“This is the kitchen/living room/dining area.” He said as he opened up a door. A bunch of men were standing around eating.

“Hey guys, this is Faith.” Mike said as we walked through the door, “That’s Lenny, Collin, and Henry and this is Patrick and Chief Gunner is in his office across the hall. And you already know Tony.”
He pointed to everyone in the room, they, thankfully, waved or nodded when Mike said their names so I knew who was who. I waved and felt really nervous. Mike told them we’d be back and then he showed me the rest of the upstairs.

“That’s Chief Gunner’s office,” He waved, the man sitting inside was on the phone and waved back; he smiled at me, “Down there is where we take showers after we get back from a fire, and here…is where we sleep.”

He led me into a dark room with several beds in metal bed frames.

“It kind of looks like it would be a nice place to be murdered.” I said.

Mike laughed; it really did look like a room from an abandoned warehouse or something.

“The beds are comfy.” He said laying down on one and wiggling his eyebrows at me.

“We are SO not having sex in here.” I laughed.

He pulled me down onto his lap.

“Oh, come on, it’s not that bad.”

“When was the last time the sheets on these beds were washed?”

“Um… that’s a good question….” Mike looked down at the bed he was sitting on with suspicion.

“No, it’s okay.” I said putting my arms around him and taking the room in, “But we’re still not having sex in here.”

“What? You don’t think having sex with me is enticing when my boss is right down the hall?” He joked.

I stood up and leaned against the wall; Mike leaned over me and put a finger through one of my belt loops.

“You come home wearing that, and you can have all the sex you want. At home.” I whispered.

“Have mercy.” Mike leaned in to kiss me.

“Did you just quote Full House?” I said looking at him.

“Maybe.”

“You’re such a nerd.”

He started kissing my neck.

“Yeah, but you know Uncle Jesse was hot. Don’t deny it.” He said in between kisses.

“I would never.” I said; he slowly slipped his hands under my shirt and onto my hips.

“Wait, does that actually happen?” I asked. He pulled away and leaned on his arm, which was against the wall above my head.

“What?” He said leaning closer trying to kiss me. I rolled my eyes.

“Do you and your buddies bring girls in here to try and get laid with the whole ‘I’m a hot fireman and this is my firehouse, look at my sexy uniform’ thing?”

“You think my uniform is sexy; say it again.” He leaned in for another attempt.

“Nice way to avoid THAT question.” I said turning my face away from his attempted kiss. Mike laughed.

“It happens sometimes, and no, I’ve never done it. At least, not until now. You’re the first girl I’ve ever brought here.” He said with the hint of a joke and a smirk.

“God, that would be so sweet if it wasn’t a dirty lie.” I joked.

Mike laughed.

“Yeah it happens and, yeah, I’m including myself in that. But you’re the only one that Dolly has ever liked. She’s an excellent judge of character.”

“Fair enough.” I said letting him lean in to give me a kiss. He pushed himself against me so I was sandwiched between him and the wall which made me laugh while he continued to kiss me.

“Hey Mi-” Lenny walked in on us and we broke apart awkwardly.

“Sorry.” He said with a smile directed at Mike, “Chili’s ready and the game’s about to start.” He slowly left the room looking at us with a smirk.

I looked at Mike and started laughing. Some of my lip gloss came off and it looked like he was wearing some.

“What?” He asked.

“You’re just very pretty right now.” I said putting my hands behind my back and innocently leaning against the wall again.

“I’m wearing your make-up right now, aren’t I?”

I shrugged playfully and Mike started tickling me.

“Okay!” I said after a few seconds. He held me to him and I wiped my lip gloss off his lips and then gave him a light kiss on the cheek.

“You know what?” I said.

“What?” He asked as we walked back down the hallway.

“We’re that couple that is, like, so disgustingly in love that everyone hates them.”

“Yeah.” Mike nodded nonchalantly and held my hand as we walked, “I’m okay with that.”
I giggled.

We settled down to watch the game and I’m pretty sure Lenny told everyone what he walked in on (which is still not as embarrassing as what Tony witnessed, although I’m pretty sure everyone knew about that, too. Firefighters have big mouths). Collin made the chili and it was some of the best I’ve ever had. I complimented him on it and asked for the recipe.

“Well the secret ingredient that I use-”

Just then the loudest sound I’ve ever heard came blaring out of nowhere and everything was chaos.
Mike kissed my forehead as he ran past me.

“Gotta go.” He said as he hopped down a pole in the corner.

I realized they were being called to a fire just in time to find myself in an empty room. I looked around and blew my hair out of my face before I decided to clean the place up.

There were bowls and cups and silverware knocked all over the place so I started with that and then I turned the chili down to the lowest setting on the crockpot it was in so it would still be warm when they got back, but not burned. I folded some throw blankets, picked pillows up off the floor, and even organized some magazines they had lying around the room. Then I left.

I got a text from Mike after I’d been home for a few hours:

               Sorry about leaving you like that. The guys really appreciated what you did.

I smiled and replied:

               No big deal, I just didn’t want you to have to clean it all up when you got back tired and gross.

He replied:

               Best girlfriend ever.

God, we really ARE that disgustingly in love/cute couple. 

2 comments:

  1. They ARE pretty cute; nice that Faith gets to be happy and content with a sweet, normal (I hope) guy for a change. Must be a first for this blog, unless I'm not remembering all the way back. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, love it, LOVE IT! mum

    ReplyDelete