Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Humpty Dumpty

Christmas with the family was a good one. It was great to have my brother home, finally. I got back last night and I’m not looking forward to tomorrow since it’ll be the day Veronica announces that we are shutting down. She’ll make the announcement and then everyone will be given a long weekend because of the holiday to recover from the news. Hopefully, Suzy, Dina, and Steve won’t chase me down with pitchforks when they find out. I still haven’t told my parents about my job situation and I have been applying to jobs frantically. Most of them I don’t even have an interest in but I’m in panic mode and I’m applying to any and all jobs that I think I’m qualified for and have a realistic chance of getting. I’m not even sure I want to work in HR anymore. I’ve been looking at jobs outside of HR and feel so out of my element and lost.

Stormy is going to resume his search for an apartment once the holidays are over because so many people are out of town and aren’t available to show apartments. He paid half the rent for this month, which was unexpected but appreciated. I actually kind of like having a roommate. Things don’t seem as lonely with him around, even if he is sleeping on my couch. He’s pretty much the only friend I have right now, besides Murphy, and I think Murphy likes him more than me but that might be because Stormy sneaks him kitty treats a lot.

I’m still being iced out by my friends. I tried calling all of them to wish them a Merry Christmas and no one answered. I wonder if I’m even considered Weatherly’s god mother anymore…I also noticed that Zoey removed me as a Facebook friend. Ouch. I think she’s being overdramatic. What I do with Sean is really none of her business which is why I didn’t tell her or Anna or Molly about it.

I’m trying hard to stay on top of things. It would be really easy to fall apart right now just from the stress of knowing I’m going to be laid off, let alone having all of my friends desert me, feeling so lost with feelings about my career, and stuck in limbo with Sean. I don’t even know what I’m doing anymore. When did my life become such a huge mess? I can’t remember a time when it wasn’t a giant mess, actually. I’ve been balancing a lot of crap for a long time. Hm. Maybe I should try to get things back on track as a New Year’s Resolution. I think I know the first thing to toss out with the trash, too.

10 comments:

  1. Hopefully Faith means Sean is the first thing to be thrown out. Now I really think her friends have gone too far. Unfriending her on F/B is like saying Zoey doesn't want to be friends with Faith anymore period. People make mistakes all the time, a true friend is always there to pick you up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. I know it was shady of Faith to hide her 'relationship' with Sean, but what kind of friends just ditch their friend like that? Faith is obviously in a really bad place right now, and good friends would be there for her to help her move in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I could ever forgive Zooey for doing that. Makes me sad because I really liked her character.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really sad about her friends as well. I understand how they would be frustrated with her (and she deserves it) but she doesn't deserve to be completely friend-broken up with. I really hope Anna or Molly don't freeze her out either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that I have to disagree with everyone on this post. Starting with the Faith-Sean debacle, I can't blame her friends for taking a step back and cutting her off. Faith didn't just not tell them that she was in a sexual relationship with Sean, but the whole reason she broke up with him was because he cheated on her, and now she's in the role of the other woman and she cheated on Randy. Her friends are frustrated with her behavior because Faith really isn't dealing with her issues. Faith doesn't take their advice and shuts them out, so naturally they're doing the same thing back. If Zoey had to delete her from facebook to gain a little perspective of their relationship then she had every right to. Why would you want someone as a facebook friend if they're going to shut you out of their life in every other way? Because Faith was doing that and she wasn't being a good friend either. They had to help get Faith back on her feet the first time, and the time before that with Kevin, and now she's just on a train headed for disaster. As for Anna, I wouldn't want a trainwreck around my kids either. Faith should really go back to her therapist if she wants to sort all of this out and she needs to start fresh, in a new apartment, and right about now is the perfect time to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. Facebook is not that serious people, since when does social media define who we are in relation to the people that we care about?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Alicia. Faith needs a hard reality check. If her friends have to cut her off to make her realize what she's doing is really wrong than so be it. I couldn't stay friends with someone that was sleeping with a man in a relationship regardless of the situation. Remember how they expected Faith to be mad at the other other woman, because even though she's not the one in the relationship, shes not blamless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true (what the last 2 readers were saying in relation to how Faith's friends are reacting). While I didn't expect quite the backlash that's currently hitting her, I do get their (her friends') feelings of futility and frustration - maybe even disgust - regarding her behavior with both Sean and Randy. She got hurt, and suddenly that's an excuse for continuing the cheating cycle with Sean, flip-flopping positions with Karen (who's having Sean's baby and currently in a relationship with him) by now being the "other woman," hurting poor Randy and Teddy in the process. I've had friends in the past who weren't averse to being the "other woman" - I really found it hard not to look at them in a completely different light. It's pretty challenging to respect and trust someone who compartmentalizes their life by getting involved with someone who's attached. Yeah, it's ultimately the person who's involved with someone else who's bears the brunt of any negative fall-out to their primary, long-term relationship...(they have more to lose), but the "other woman, "other man" does share responsibility also. Everyone is accountable for how they treat others - engaging in relationships that you KNOW already contain another, committed partner is just seamy all-around. Telling yourself it's ok - or not your responsibility - just because it's not YOUR relationship that's getting torpedoed...that's self-delusion, and a cheap way out. Faith is delusional right now. She needs to snap out of her fog and take control of her own actions. Maybe THEN her friends will feel good about supporting her again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see where her friends are coming from but shutting her out totally Ian't right. True friends show compassion and don't judge you for your choices whether they are wrong or right. She needs her friends to be there for the fallout because if they aren't it's going to be hard for all of them because they weren't there when she needed them. All they need to say was I love you and I don't agree with what you are doing but I will be there to support you after the fallout from this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. For some reason I never got that Sean and Karen were in a relationship. I knew they were living together, but I guess I just took it as more of a "living together having sex/friends with benefits and having a baby" scenario. I guess this makes sense, and it makes Sean even more of a complete douchebag.

    I still don't think it's right of her friends to shut her out. You shouldn't judge your friends. All people do dumb things and make mistakes. Being disappointed is one thing, but completely freezing someone out is another. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete