Sunday, December 11, 2011

Bad News Bears

“I’m so sorry, Faith.” Molly said over brunch.

I had just told her about my job and the fact that I’m losing it. I called her yesterday and said I needed to talk to someone and then she suggested we go to brunch.

“I know I haven’t been in touch as much as I should be.” I said, “I just have a lot going on. How are Anna and Zoey?”

“Zoey moved in with Wesley last week.”

“She…didn’t tell me.” I said with an air of sadness.

“It happened pretty fast…” Molly said, “Anna is doing well and so are the twins. Theo was made chief resident.”

“That’s good. I’m happy for them. How are you?”

“I’m doing well. I’ve been to a few auditions and I’m working on a show right now and making costumes for another. I’m busy, but that’s theatre!”

“That’s great Molly.”

“Aside from your job, what else has been going on? I haven’t seen you since Thanksgiving.” She said.

“Nothing. Well, Randy and I broke up.”

“Oh. Why?”

“It just didn’t work out.” I said shrugging and trying to avoid having to explain the real reason why.

“Have you seen him around your building? I hope it’s not too awkward for you guys.”

“I have actually. Things are hard but we’re okay.” I said.

I saw Randy in the mailroom the other day. We just smiled sadly at each other before parting ways.

I feel a little better after catching up with Molly and I’m going to try to do the same with Anna and Zoey. Hopefully now that I’m not dating Randy they will stop judging my choices. If anything, they should at least stop judging me momentarily while I tell them about my future unemployment.

3 comments:

  1. I think it's sad that Faith is the one who introduced Molly to Anna and Zoey yet she's the one who's asking how her friends are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't mean to do that (delete the comment). Anyhoo, to recap...I think Faith should try to realistically consider how her close friends have been seeing her behavior from these past several months. Does she expect unconditional approval and support from them when they don't understand or agree with her confusing, destructive choices? People who care about someone care enough to be honest...even when that someone isn't being honest with herself. Faith needs to take responsibility for the way she's been living her personal life if she wants to turn that particular train wreck around. On a different note, it's pretty bad timing for Faith to be losing her job right now, with everything else going on. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey...please check out http://wwwkates-world.blogspot.com
    leave comments and tell me how you feel about it

    ReplyDelete