Monday, December 5, 2011

Comparisons

Stormy came back from apartment hunting in a good mood.

“Aw, yes! Chinese food!” He said walking into the living room with some chopsticks and a white food container, “Oh, who died?”

I was sitting in the living room with the lights off in silence, stroking Murphy on my lap. I hadn’t cried at all and I just felt numb.

“I just told my boyfriend that I’ve been cheating on him for the past month. How was apartment hunting?” I said.

“Apartment hunting went okay. I put in an offer for one place. They’re going to get back to me. Do you want to eat?”

“No. You probably shouldn’t eat that,” I said, “it’s been sitting out for 5 hours.”

Stormy spit out the food he had just put in his mouth and put the container on the coffee table gingerly.

“Do you want to talk about it?” He asked turning on a side table lamp.

“No.”

“Do you want me to give you some space?” Stormy asked. It was clear he was at a loss of how to help me feel better.

“No. There’s nothing you can do, Stormy. I did this all on my own and I’m going to have to deal with it all on my own.”

“That’s not true, Faith. I’m here for you.”

I smiled sadly at him before turning to look out the window in my living room.

“You should eat something. I’ll make dinner.”

After 5 minutes, Stormy came back with a microwaveable macaroni and cheese dinner on a plate. I laughed.

“What? I’m not the best at cooking okay?”

Just then I got a phone call. It was from Sean. I looked at my phone on the coffee table and immediately stopped smiling.

“Do you want me to answer it and tell him to leave you alone?” Stormy joked.

“No.” I sighed before putting my plate down, grabbing my phone, and going into my room to answer it.

“What?” I asked in greeting.

“What happened?” Sean asked.

“Well, my relationship is over. As it should be. I told him everything.”

“That’s good, Faith. Now you won’t feel so guilty-”

“Excuse me? You aren’t coming over again. We’re over, too.”

“Why? Because you replaced me with Stormy?” He said acidly.

My mouth dropped and I spluttered because I was taken so off guard.

“That’s none of your….I’m helping…..he needed a place to stay because……how dare you, Sean! Why don’t you just call me a whore and get it over with?”

I hung up the phone and flung it at my bed. I realized that Stormy had probably heard me since I had been shouting that last part. I stayed in my room the rest of the night. Stormy came to check if I was okay a few times but when I didn’t answer he left me alone. This must be an awkward living situation for him. I feel bad; he left his crazy girlfriend only to move in with someone who is even more screwed up.

3 comments:

  1. How ironic that Sean is acting jealous. WTF? He's living with and having a child with another woman! I don't know what Faith is gonna do, but I'm glad she was honest with Randy and Sean. I'm still waiting for Stormy's ex to show up at the door! mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faith really needs to get herself back into counseling. I've never liked Sean for her and he is really showing his a** in these last few posts! He has no backbone whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is typical Sean. He also gets jealous and resorts to calling Faith a whore whenever that happens. Remember that's how the whole mess started with him running off and sleeping with Karen. UGGH. Sean go away!

    ReplyDelete