Saturday, December 17, 2011

Friend Flight

Sean slept over last night (Stormy had a date that apparently went very well with some girl because he never came home). Apparently, Karen’s sister was throwing her a baby shower out of town so she wasn’t going to be home. I had just showered and was drying my hair while Sean went to go shower. About 5 minutes later, I went to go get my mail and found Zoey on my door step.

“Um. Hi.” I said stepping into the hallway and closing my door.

“What are you doing? We’re supposed to go shopping today.” She said.

I had completely forgotten. I called Zoey after my brunch with Molly because I wanted to see my friends more and we agreed to go shopping this morning.

“You forgot.” She said.

“N-no.” I said trying to cover.

“Yes you did. Let’s get you dressed and ready to go, then!” She said cheerily and pushed open my door.

“Hey Faith, you didn’t leave any towels.”

Sean had just walked out from my bathroom with a hand towel strategically placed and Zoey saw him. She looked at him and then at me before walking right back out of my apartment. I shot Sean a dirty look before chasing after her.

“Zoey, wait! Please! Wait!”

I caught up with her on the stairs.

“Let me explain!” I said.

Zoey stopped on the stairs below me and looked up. She looked tired and sad.

“Faith, I don’t want to listen to you explain. I’m done. I can’t watch him destroy you again. I watched it once; I’m not doing it again.”

“It’s not like that, Zoey. We aren’t back together.”

“Look, you can do whatever you want, Faith. I don’t care anymore. If you want to do whatever it is you’re doing with him then, fine, but I’m not going to sit around and wait until he ruins you again so the rest of us can put the pieces back together. I’ve gotta go.”

“Zoey…” I squeaked out, “You’re supposed to be my best friend…”

“I never wanted it to come to this but I can’t watch you do this to yourself all over again for my own sanity, Faith. I care about you which is why I’m not going to go through the pain of watching you fall apart all over again. I just can’t.” And with that she left.

I sat in the stairwell for a long time before going back to my apartment. Sean was still there.

“What happened?” He asked.

“Just go.” I said.

He left a few hours ago. Stormy hasn’t come home yet but I’m not looking forward to it when he does. I just want to be left alone for a little while.

2 comments:

  1. I feel bad, because I have no sympathy for Faith in all of this. She says one thing about Sean but still continues to have a sexual relationship with him. I wish she'd grow up and stop blaming other people for what she's doing to herself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's asking for a lot actually. Her friends are supposed to stand by while she pretty much throws away all her morals and self worth in this situation. I agree with Alicia, Faith is completely responsible for her own actions. She is angry at Sean for cheating, yet here she is, cheating with him on his pregnant girlfriend no less. I get that she has issues with the Sean situation but she needs to work those out with a therapist...one who is independent of Sean. And another thing, she needs to tell her friends at work that the office is closing. It's the right thing to do so they have as much time as they can to find another job. Shame on her boss for not telling them the minute she knew it was closing.

    ReplyDelete