Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I flew home for Christmas yesterday and it was a really long flight. I’ve been thinking about my fight with Zoey for days. She won’t return my calls or e-mails, neither will Anna or Molly. I’ve been completely frozen out by my friends. I’m angry at Zoey for telling Anna and Molly my business and I don’t think she had any right to do that. There was a reason I hadn’t told any of them about the things that had been going on and this is why. I knew they wouldn’t support me. I don’t think I’m asking them for much. It’s really none of their business who I choose to involve myself with and it’s certainly not their job to judge me for it.

Being home has been really nice even with all of the bad stuff meddling with my thoughts. I’ve really missed my parents. My brother got home from his tour in Afghanistan a few days ago. We didn’t expect him to be home until April but all of the soldiers in Afghanistan are being pulled out and my brother was one of them. He didn’t tell any of us. He showed up at the house and my mom almost had a stroke. There were lots of tears and happiness and the first thing he ate was a cheeseburger from McDonald’s.

I’ve been thinking about how things were last year. I was really doubting my relationship with Sean and I was so unhappy and here I am a year later, still unhappy and doing whatever it is I’m doing with Sean. At the same time it’s a bittersweet memory because things might have been fixable at that point. I don’t know why I keep holding onto thoughts like that about our relationship. I don’t want to be in a relationship with Sean and after what I just did to Randy, I don’t want to be in a relationship with anyone. I don’t know how my life has turned into what it has. I’m about to be unemployed, my friends have all deserted me, and I’m having sex with someone that I feel constantly confused about. My life is a mess and I have a lot of thinking to do to try and get my act together before I lose everything.

I haven’t heard back from any jobs, meanwhile none of my co-workers are even remotely aware that they are all about to be told they are going to lose their jobs. I’m preparing myself for the fallout that’s sure to come when my work friends find out and feel like I betrayed them. I won’t blame them for feeling that way, either. I would probably feel the same way if it were me. Stormy is the one I’m most worried about since he’s still couch surfing in my apartment (he’s watching Murphy for me while I’m home and I told him he could sleep in my bed instead of on the couch while I’m away). I hope things don’t get super awkward.

The next few weeks are going to be very interesting.

6 comments:

  1. Ok, for one I am so sick of Faith's attitude. She is 100% in the wrong about Everything and is acting like such a child in regards to her life decisions. I just want someone to come shake her, tell her she is an idiot, demand she take responcibility for not only her actions but her stupid decisions, and tell her that her friends are the right ones and she is not. Great writing though... It's because of the good writing that we all feel so into it and this so mad at Faith haha

    Also, side note- your facts about Afghanistan are incorrect. They are not pulling all the troops out of Afghanistan. They have thankfully pulled the troops out of Iraq, but there are still troops in Afghanistan and more being deployed. I know this, and felt I should call it out, because my boyfriend is one of the people about to be deployed to Afghanistan for a year.

    Thanks for the awesome writing. I really hope you make Faith come to her senses and stop being such a stupid chick soon, haha. :) you are great at this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree 100% about Faith's poor-me attitude. She's had some pretty bad breaks where love/romance is concerned, but this whole latest mess is completely within her control to handle differently. Also, I can't figure out why she doesn't get where her friends are coming from. Sure, she feels the sting of rejection from them - understandable - but, how can she expect them to "support" her actions? That's completely unrealistic. Of course they're not going to be able to cover up how they really feel about her behavior; expecting them to remain neutral or accepting about it is asking too much. Her perspective is really messed up lately. The job situation makes everything even worse - compounds the stress she's under.

    Great writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Faith. I know her attitude needs to change, but I still want to give her a hug (and then smack her.) I don't think her friends should support her actions, but by completely deserting her I know she has to be hurting even more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She doesn't seem to be thankful for her friends no matter what they do. If they are good friends and tell her honestly what they think, she gets mad, calls them bad friends, and deserts them. If they back off and disappear for a bit as a way of showing her they don't support we actions, she gets mad and calls them bad friends. Faith is becoming a crazy person and needs major help! WHY is she not back in counseling??? Oh Faith.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Eve for saying every single thing I am thinking

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I can post again yay! I can't believe Faith is with Sean after he basically called her a whore. He's like a damn drug to her, she can't shake the addiction. And I do agree with Faith's friends and maybe this no contact is a tough love thing. But i don't want to see them desert her like this. I couldn't do that to any of my friends no matter how stupid they were being. I just hope she wakes up before it's too late oh and the work Situation. I so feel for Faith, I know what it is to be in a position of knowing privileged info that you possitively can't share. Just hope her work friends do understand.

    ReplyDelete