Friday, February 15, 2013

The Truth Will Out

A word from the author: A few updates before this post, and a warning.

I've started getting responses for the survey (and hey, if you haven't taken it yet, please do so by clicking here, it's fast and easy and I'd really appreciate it if you could fill it out) and you guys have given me some GREAT feedback. So here are some changes I'm going to implement, so far (more changes will probably be coming but those have to do with story line and characters so those won't be immediate and other changes that will really come only when we're caught up with real time):

  • I will be introducing a character page for the sidebar. It will have every character that has appeared on the blog in alphabetical order with descriptions and summaries of how they relate to Faith. A lot of you mentioned that it was hard to remember who was who so I'm going to work on making that and will let you all know when it's complete. It may take me awhile because there are A LOT of characters.
  • Almost everyone mentioned the problem with not being on real time. And I completely agree. So I'm going to make every effort to get back to real time by August of this year, September at the absolute latest. Being back on real time has been my major goal for this year because being able to schedule posts makes things so much easier for me when it comes to posting consistently.
  • You want longer posts more than two times a week. This is fair and I get it, you all love the blog and want more posts to read, but I'll be straight with you, it's not doable for a long period of time for me and trying to force myself to do a three times per week schedule is part of the reason why I'm so behind in time in the first place. It's almost double the amount of writing I would need to do for a two posts per week schedule and that puts a lot more of a strain on me to just write something so I have something to post. That's not how I like to write and you guys want long, high quality posts so that's not something any of you really want, either, because that's not what you're going to get when I realize that I don't have a post for the next day and it's 11:30 at night. So here's what's going to happen: I have some important stuff happening in July but once that's done, I'll start posting three times a week to get us back up to real time. Once school starts up again, we'll have to go to two times a week and I'll try to throw in a bonus post occasionally.
  • I am going to change the posting schedule once school starts up again to being on Mondays and Thursdays. I think that balances things out a little more evenly and it'll be easier for me to have posts written for those days based on my class schedule for the fall. But, the posting schedule, for now, is still Tuesdays and Thursdays. I will make announcements when the schedule changes and put the posting days in the blog's sidebar.

Now for a warning...that sounds so serious, so, um, how about I'm giving you all a heads up: We're about to start a very rocky roller coaster ride for Faith. Many of you are going to absolutely hate it (based on the survey comments) but I promise that if you stick around for it the Faith you all fell in love with will be back by the time we get up to real time and things will be VERY different from where we've been for the past year and a half. As readers, you don't get the luxury to see how the road ends like I do, but please trust me when I say that, even though this will be a very frustrating few months for you and Faith, it is completely and entirely necessary for Faith's development as a character. I've been planning this story line out since I started the blog and it's exciting (and sort of scary) to finally have it written out and ready for your eyes. I hope you enjoy reading it (even if you don't like everything that's about to happen).

Happy Reading!
-del



Mike and I were ready for Valentine’s Day. We walked to a bar down the street to grab a beer and then get some burgers and cheese fries to take back to my place to watch television. I was looking forward to it even though I was somewhat reluctant to celebrate at all when Mike originally brought it up. We grabbed a seat in a booth and ordered our beers.

Mike told me about work and asked me about Bruno’s.

“He hasn’t brought a single person in for an interview?”

“No. I don’t even think Bruno has been looking for a new head bartender at all. He was supposed to find one weeks ago! I don’t know what I’m going to do. I’m not going to be able to do this when we go into tech next week for the show.”

“Have you talked to Bruno about it?”

“He’s been avoiding me. Or he just tells me he’s working on it.”

“It’s okay, you’ll get through this.” Mike said holding my hand across the table, “Ready to get those burgers?”

I nodded and stood up. Mike went to go order our food at the bar, but I saw Brad playing pool at the other end of the room.

“Hey, I’m gonna go say hi to Brad, he’s over there.” I told Mike. He nodded.

I walked over to the pool table area, Brad was with some friends. He’d walked over to a high-top table where a pitcher of beer and some glasses were. He was pouring himself a glass when he noticed me.

“Hey.” I said awkwardly.

Brad gave me a dark look.

“Okay, look, Brad, I’m sorry. I know you’re mad at me. I wanted to apologize.”

Brad sipped his beer and said nothing.

“Really? You’re going to give me the silent treatment?” I said with annoyance.

He put his glass down and looked at it angrily before meeting my eyes.

“I see you’re here with him.” Brad nudged his head in Mike’s direction.

Brad had met Mike before when he stopped into the bar a few times to see me at work. They had been friendly but I had a feeling Brad was jealous and his childish behavior just then proved it.

“I’m assuming he doesn’t know?” He asked defensively.

“No, he doesn’t.” I said.

“You gonna tell him?” Brad said taking another sip of his beer.

“Yes. Eventually. I wanted to make things right with you, too.”

“Yeah, okay.”

“Please, let me explain.”

“I don’t need you to, Faith. I’m not stupid. I know exactly what happened. I’m also painfully aware of what happened afterward, too. You know, when you ignored all of my phone calls and texts like nothing ever happened.”

“That’s why I want to apologize. I feel really bad about that, Brad. We’re friends and I should’ve treated you better. I owed you so much more than ignoring you and I’m sorry.

“I wish I believed you.”

“Brad, please don’t be like that.”

Just then Mike came up behind me carrying a plastic bag with styrofoam containers in it.

“Ready to go?” He asked.

“Um, yeah.” I said pulling my bag onto my shoulder.

“Oh, hey, man,” Brad said sticking his hand out to shake Mike’s, “I fucked your girlfriend on New Year’s Eve while we were working.”

26 comments:

  1. Man, you're a tease! Can't wait! mum

    Oh, and I love the idea of a character page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a way of getting it out there.

    To fellow Kbear: nice to see that you're still there. Miss your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that just saved us a lot of time. Way to be a douchecanoe Brad and get it all out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nic - send me an email, I'll add you to facebook as I did fellow bloggers :)(I still check yours from time to time :) )
    k-hall@hotmail.ca

    KBear

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH shit, Brad is such a ass!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh. Brad. He could have chosen to be an adult about it. How will Mike react?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am truly bummed out that things are going to be rocky with Faith for the next couple of months (that's a long time. I was hoping weeks). I'm exhausted with this Faith;I feel more at the end of the roller coaster ride with her than willing to go on another with her.

    I'm not mad about Brad and how he has handled it. I think Faith deserves it.

    I'm curious as to what you mean by things will be very different from where we have been though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean that in a good way. :)

      I've been rereading the blog (mostly to make the character list) and I noticed that I was able to give more depth when I was writing in real time (or close to it, like a week or two behind rather than three months). The survey feedback really echoed that readers missed this so once we're back on real time, I think people will really start enjoying Faith's story more. It'll be more in depth, we'll get to see more characters from the past, and Faith will grow up quite a bit (but she can't do that without this story line, it is completely necessary).

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the reply!

      Delete
  8. Crap - I forgot to read the blog entry.

    Hate to say it, but I don't blame Brad at all and probably would have done the same thing. mum

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im kindda glad its out..Faith looked like she needed the push, she's been stalling and Mike deserves to know. The way he found out could have been less hurtful (I slept with Brad when I thought we were over) but Faith had many chances of telling him and she didnt. -Dahlia

    ReplyDelete
  10. "ohhhh Shit" is right!
    haahhahaha thats gold! thats something I would do hahhaa way to go Brad. People only treat u the way you allow them, and honestly, Brad probably did Faith a favor. she was acting too chicken shit to say anything about it anyway.
    MAN! on V Day too! ohhh mannnnn please dont skip next post!!! <3






    ps. the encription at the bottom, for the comments is pretty lame. if people wanna comment, they should just sign into an account. i enjoy commenting from time to time, but if i have to play with a puzzle every time, you'll probably see less of me. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only supposed to be requiring a text verification to prevent spam comments, is it asking for something more involved than that?

      Delete
    2. sometimes it's hard to determine the characters and I have to do a couple of times...IMO. mum

      Delete
  11. I like the way you put that last line bluntly. This is an adult blog and sometimes thats the way real life works. I saw that coming. She deserved it, but i like Mike.

    Glad to see you commenting sometimes too, that is a nice touch. I know you don't have a lot of time but some comments need answers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - guess there's no confusion about how Brad feels over the way Faith treated him, is there?! I agree with the readers who think Faith had that coming. I don't think Mike deserved that bucket of cold water in his face (on ANY day, let alone Valentine's Day), but Faith got these events rolling, especially through her dismissive behavior of Brad after their fast-n-furious at the bar. I'm still wondering about Mike's character, though; he's done a couple of questionable things since their relationship got going. Wondering if he's going to turn out to be REALLY different than he appears (or not?).

    Great job on the big-picture planning of your blog, Del. I'm impressed. You seem so organized and full of direction, and it's very considerate of you to involve your readers by disclosing upcoming schedule changes for the near and distant future. Also, thanks for the heads-up about Faith's character and your vision of her; it'll be easier to read about her foibles if we know she'll eventually right herself and come out a better person after all is said and done. Besides, if her character was too perfect, would she still be interesting (and realistic)? Probably not. Love all your ideas about character bios, etc. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad that I can post without creating an account now. I've been a big fan of the blog for a long time but never wanted to create an account just to comment. I can't believe Brad did that-can't wait to find out what happens next! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! Okay, Faith deserved that but Mike didn't. I understand Brad is angry but he's acting like a child. "If I can't have her you won't either!"

    ReplyDelete
  15. I actually found it interesting that Brad just assumes that since Faith is still with Mike, it means that she hadnt told him. I dont think that its a deal breaker( since they broke up kindda ) but it probably is now with the way he said it. I do feel bad for Mike, but there are a few things about his character and how he handled the situation at christmas that made me not really root for him .. not the fight with his family, but after that when he basically said that he agreed with them. He is the one who decided they will take a break and then when he got over it, decided he didnt want to be over anymore. Granted having sex after only a week was not smart but we cant really call it cheating... - Dahlia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhhh shit!! It needed to come out I agree. I'm just surprised how it happened. Can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE THIS POST. It needed to come out and real life is like that. You make bad choices and don't own up to them they bite you in the ass. Faith is getting a taste of that!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So, I love the fact that Brad just threw it out there! Faith should have told him along time ago...That she didn't was wrong in so many ways. Whether or not she can work it out with Mike, No one knows yet but they both deserve to find out instead of living in the land of makebelieve. And, People, you can't really get mad at Brad. He's been let down by Faith more than once and he's tired of being used. At least he stood up for himself and let Faith know she can't keep getting away with it.

    Del-I love this blog...Do I wish it was a never ending book instead, Yes! But, you do a great job writing, listening, and responding. I hope when people are beggin for longer posts more often they don't forget to Say thanks.

    So, Thank you Del. You have created a great Blog that is funny, entertaining, and sometimes even frustrating. Thanks for all of the time you take out of your life to entertain us strangers for absolutly no pay. I Really appreciate you.
    -escott816

    ReplyDelete