Sunday, February 10, 2013

Signed. Sealed. Delivered.


Mike and I had just had a session of great morning sex in my bed.
It was really early and still dark out; Mike had to be at work by six in the morning to cover a shift for Tony. He gave me a deep kiss before whining.

“I could call in sick.” He whined.

“No, you promised Tony you’d be there.”

“But I’d rather stay in this nice, warm bed with my hot, naked girlfriend.” He kissed me again.

“I’ll be here when you get back.” I said.

“But I could do this right now instead of later.” He said. He rolled on top of me and pulled one of my legs around his waist.

I giggled while he slowly kissed down my neck as I ran my hands up and down his back.

“Mike, you’re going to be late.” I whispered into his ear.

“I don’t care.” He mumbled on the nape of my neck.

“Yes you do.” I laughed.

Mike dramatically collapsed on top of me.

“Ugh, you’re right. It’s hard being so perfect.” He joked.

He popped up and sat on the edge of the bed next to me and looked confused.

“You never opened it?” He asked.

“Opened what?” I said. I followed his gaze to my nightstand where Maggie’s letter was sitting, still sealed, “Oh, I guess not.”

“Why?” He asked.

I shrugged.

“I guess, it’s enough just knowing she apologized. I don’t need to read it.”

“How can you not be curious about what she wrote?” He asked skeptically.

“I don’t know…I’m just not?” I started getting annoyed, “Why do you care so much. It’s my letter. I can do what I want with it.”

Mike put his hands up in surrender.

“Okay…sorry I asked.” He got up and walked into my bathroom and closed the door. After a few seconds I heard the shower turn on.

I stared at Maggie’s letter.  I wrapped myself in my bed sheets and walked around my room staring at it some more. I decided to read it and get it over with. I grabbed it off the night stand and ripped it open.

               Faith,
I’m truly embarrassed and ashamed of my behavior and how I treated you. It’s no excuse, but losing my mother was hard for me to deal with and I took it out on you because it was easier to hate you than it was to grieve over such a permanent and substantial loss. To your credit, you were kind, understanding, and supportive of my family during such a hard time and I reacted to that with anger, jealously, and pettiness. You’re a much better person than I made you out to be during our argument and I’m truly sorry for that. I hope we can recover from this for Mike’s sake. I hope things work out between you two and that one day I’ll call you family.
Sincerely,
Maggie

Tears came to my eyes while I read it. I was touched but I was also overcome with guilt. I placed the letter in the drawer of my night stand and sat in my bed, feeling awful. I had to tell Mike about what happened with Brad and I will. Soon.

Mike had finished showering and came out with a towel around his waist. He saw my sad expression and caught me wiping a tear away. My face felt hot and I looked away from him. He kissed my forehead before sitting down next to me.

“I’m sorry that I upset you.” He said looking into my eyes.

“You didn’t make me mad. I’m just picking fights because of being spread so thin at work.” I smiled sadly.

Mike held my chin in his hand and gave me another kiss.

“It’ll get better once Bruno finds a replacement head bartender.”

I nodded and then made him a cup of coffee while he got dressed for work. He gave me a kiss before he left.



(Author's note: One of the new features of the blog is that you no longer need an account to make comments. To prevent spam, you'll have to do a typing verification but I think this is a better feature. Requiring my readers to make an account just to comment here seems silly so now everyone, regardless of whether or not they have an account, can comment here as they please. Try out the new comment system and tell me what you think! -del)

13 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Those of us to lazy to make a profile can now comment! I love this blog. I don't know how you find the time to do it with your crazy schedule but I am glad that you do :)

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did make an account so that I can comment but for an unknown reason, it never worked! Not here and not in cosmo.. So im very happy with this new feature:)
    The last two posts were very short.. cant help but feel they were buildups for something big!! love this blog : D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad she read the letter. I'm surprised by how humble Maggie was. I'd still be skeptical. The rest of the family acted like this was normal behavior and nothing out of the ordinary. TELL HIM ALREADY! mum

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been able to comment but am a LONG time reader. I just read on my lunch breaks at work. LOVE this blog. I do not know how you keep up with it either so kudos to you! Thanks for a great story that always keeps me guessing what Faith is gonna get herself into next ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been following this blog since the beginning and love reading it. I have it saved on the bookmarks on my phone lol

    I really hope faith tells him before it's too late..

    Keep up the awesome work I love reading this blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I typed a whole long comment and accidentally deleted it so I'm just gonna say that Faith needs to just tell him! Stop pretending you'll do it later and do it now!

    Del-Love the nee layout and the Anonymous feature is the best!

    -escott816

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, I seem to be the only one who feels this way, but here goes: Why is it any of Mike's business who Faith saw, slept with, talked to, etc., when they weren't together. When people are in a committed relationship they each deserve exclusivity and/or disclosure. In my opinion, Mike treated Faith poorly, didn't stick up for or defend her, dumped her, and didn't so much as telephone her. They got back together, so back to committed and faithful. But while they were broken up? I don't get it.

    I am in no way agreeing with her choice. It was definitely a mistake. But why is it Mike's business. I think she just wants to unburden herself at Mike's expense. If he finds out, it's going to hit the fan, but that still doesn't mean she is obligated to share personal details of her life during a time she is single. I don't know...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. As far as Faith knew, he acted cowardly towards her, abandoned her as a partner when she graciously tolerated his sister's behavior and handled herself with dignity while being humiliated, without his interference, in front of his entire family. He made the step towards ending things and Faith followed through by telling him not to contact her. Then he didn't. She was in an awful, awful place and mourning the loss of not only her relationship but the man she thought Mike was. While I don't agree with Brad being the person to try and escape that pain with, I don't think she did anything TO Mike. You're right. She doesn't owe him an explanation. This is a situation that SHE is trying to reconcile because she knows her reasons for sleeping with Brad aren't healthy ones and that is something she needs to work out with her therapist on her own. But really? Haven't we ALL been there after a bad breakup? Sometimes you just need someone to distract you from the pain, although choosing someone you have such a loaded history with is never a good idea.

      Delete
  8. I'd be with you Anonymous at 1:23 p.m., but they weren't actually broken up. That being said, the only real reason I can see for telling Mike about her little 3 minute tryst is because she was unsafe while doing it. Otherwise, I agree. She's just telling him to unburden herself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were broken up. Mike said they needed to take a break and Faith took it a step further and ended the relationship and told him not to contact her again.

      Delete
    2. But when they met up, she was expecting him to break up with her. Which wouldn't be possible if they were already broken up. So I don't think Faith truly thought the relationship had ended either.

      Delete
  9. Long time reader Del love your blog! Way better than Cosmo when you first popped up. Or I think it was witchypoo who got me to your blog... Either way I'm glad I can now comment!
    Honestly im only worried about is That Faith caught some kind of dieases from him or might end up pregant. And it's not like she took a paln b pill or anything either....I honesty think she should talk to brad first Then mike.... Butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this blog and look forward to new posts. I really like the new layout. Keep up the awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete