Monday, February 4, 2013

The Big VD


“Hey, so…what do you want to do for Valentine’s Day?” Mike asked.


I was cleaning up after dinner and he was scooping out some ice cream for us to eat.

“Nothing.” I was being genuine.

“Oh, come on.” Mike said.

“Really, Mike. I’ve been so busy with work lately that I would really just like to sit at home and do nothing. Truly.”

Mike wrapped his arms around me from behind. He gave me a kiss on the cheek.

“What if we just do something really low-key, like go to that bar you like and grab a beer for half an hour. I’ll buy you some cheese fries and a burger to go and we can go home and watch Scandal afterward.”

“You know me so well.” I smiled. It sounded perfect.

I turned around and put my arms over Mike’s shoulders.

“Why do you care so much about Valentine’s Day?”

“I just think you and I need a day to ourselves and it’s coming up so I thought it could be a good day for us to relax and not worry about work or fires or anything.”

“You’re sweet.” I gave him a kiss, “It sounds great. Thank you.”

“I love you.” He said and gave me another kiss.

He pressed me up against the kitchen counter before taking my shirt off. We wandered into his bedroom, the ice cream long forgotten.



(Author's Note: Some of you may have noticed I changed the layout. What do you think? Do you like it? Hate it? I'm going to be fiddling around with some things over the next few days so don't be confused if things look a little weird temporarily or if you can't access a post right away. Also, some of you who follow me with an RSS feed may have gotten a notification that a new post was up over the weekend, I accidentally posted one while I was fiddling with the template. It wasn't supposed to be posted for a few weeks so I deleted it before anyone could see it. So, if you're wondering why you got a notification and don't see a new post, it was me. But don't worry, you didn't miss anything!

If you guys see new features over the next few days that you absolutely hate or love, let me know in the comments! -del)

9 comments:

  1. i love this colour and layout! So much easier on the eyes and to read!!! very pretty!

    Liked the post, even though it was short. Hope your exams went well? Are you done for the summer or do you have more courses through the summer months?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm done with finals but I'm taking the MCAT on July 13th so I'm studying for that.

      Don't worry, though, I'm taking a break between finals and when I start hardcore studying next week. I should also have all the posts written up to that point, too. Right now I've got a month and a half's worth of posts written and ready to be posted.

      You guys are in for a wild ride.
      -del

      Delete
  2. Love it! Easy to read and purple is my favorite color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Much easier to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the layout. But Faith needs to tell. She's gonna get busted and it won't be pretty. mum

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think something is going to happen to force her hand in telling him about Brad. Looking forward to the next post!
    The layout is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So did we ever find out what the letter that Mike's sister gave Faith say? Or did I miss that post?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think they are going to run into Brad on Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the layout...really easy to read as well.Holy Cow, I just had to catch up on half a dozen posts! Story time!! It was great to see all the changes...shame on Faith for being so immature to Brad. Again she seems to be back to making some seriously stupid decisions.

    Del...wonderful writing...I still remember coming over here from the old Cosmo blog when you had advertised it there ( I think!) lol

    ReplyDelete