Monday, February 18, 2013

And in the End...


Mike and I are over.

He came over to my apartment yesterday to end it in person.


“I’ve given this a lot of thought and I love you so much but I don’t think I can be with you anymore.” He said.

He was sitting forward in an armchair while I sat on my couch. I felt silly because I was still wearing my pajamas and remember looking down at my pink fluffy slippers and being embarrassed by them.

“Mike, we can work through this. We can see a counselor.”

“Maybe things would have been different if you’d told me sooner or if you’d just been the one to tell me in the first place but…I don’t trust you anymore, Faith. And I know you regret it and feel awful for hurting me but it doesn’t change the fact that you did. All the counseling in the world isn’t going to change that. It’s not going to change the fact that when I look at you…all I can see are images of you and him…together.”

Mike wiped away a tear that escaped from his eye and folded his hands. I looked at him and felt completely devastated.

“I…I love you.” I said meekly.

“I know.” He said sadly.

I held my hand out to him and he held it. We sat like that in silence for a long time.

“Okay,” I said sniffling and breaking my hand away from his; I wiped tears away from my eyes, “Okay.”

Mike and I both stood and I walked him to my door. I took a shaky breath. We stood there awkwardly.

“You got me through the worst time of my life, Faith. I wish I didn’t feel the way I do.”

I looked down at my stupid slippers so Mike wouldn’t see me cry again. He went to open the door but stopped.

“Do…do you know what my mom said to me as they were taking her to the operating room?” He asked.

I looked up at him and shook my head.

“She said that she knew I’d marry you someday and that she wanted me to use her wedding ring when I eventually proposed. Guess she couldn’t be right about everything, huh?”

We both shared a small laugh.

“Even the warmest and kindest of people can be wrong about their intuition, I guess.” I said sadly, “She underestimated how badly I could screw things up.” I joked through tears.

“Can…can I kiss you one last time?” He asked. He was blushing.

“Mike what did I tell you when we first started dating?” I asked, “You can kiss me whenever you want.”

He smiled at me and took my face in his hands before giving me a deep kiss that made my knees go weak. A tear ran down my cheek, when we broke apart he wiped it away.

“Bye, Faith.”

“Bye, Mike.”

And then he was gone. I miss him so much.

13 comments:

  1. How sad! It broke my heart. I still hope they end up back together in the future. Faith is going to go through a lot of pain and hurt in order to heal and become a better person. Mike will heal in time to. I just wonder how long your going to make us wait Del before Faith becomes that better person. =) The next couple of post should be interesting...Butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  2. no!! please he was such a great guy and they loved each other so much! i am so sad. I thought they were meant to be together, i guess not....

    ReplyDelete
  3. wahh! No, Mike was the best thing to happen to faith in a look time. Hopefully Mike can take some time to get over things and they will reconcile. I'm excited for the direction of the blog Del! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great writing. I'll have to watch funny clips on youtube to cheer myself up.

    I really hope this isn't the start of her bad dating choices again. I don't think sleeping with another Danny DeVito type or Chris college boy-type will help her with her pain. She shouldn't use people to cope or distract her from her pain anymore. That's what got in this mess in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend this youtube video:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpl5mOAXNl4

      (some cursing)
      -del

      Delete
    2. I just watched it; made me giggle good-n-proper. Has anyone seen some of "Steve Gets Arrested" youtubes? That dumbass makes me piss myself (not literally). I don't know why. Yes I do: I have a sense of humor about on-par with a middle-school boy's (one who's not exceptionally bright, at that). I'm with stupid.

      Very moving post; wonder if Faith is going to wig-out for a while. These 2 poor kids...*sigh*. Ain't love grand sometimes?

      Delete
  5. Very sad. I hope Mike can heal and they can get back together eventually, he was a really great guy and really good for Faith. At the very least I hope Faith learned that she should have told him herself immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. wow. I totally appreciate how respectful Mike was to Faith. He wasn't mean, ugly, or accusatory. He just stated the facts and how he feels. They are both very hurt. I really hope Faith doesn't go off the deep end like she did when she split with Sean. Looking forward to the next posts. mum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg I'm so sad how this turned out :(((((

    Your writing is awesome. I felt like I could feel the emotions and everything.

    ~michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, don't cry guys. It had to happen.
    -del

    ReplyDelete
  9. No! Are you kidding me?! Was totally loving the dinamic between the two. So sad it's over, please find a way to bring Mike and Faith together again. Absolutely adore Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The odd thing here, for me, is that Mike handled it the way I hoped Faith would have with Sean.

    ReplyDelete