Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Moving On

I did some thinking about my conversation with Sean and the girls and decided that I need to drop the Guy thing. It’s not my place to make demands about someone else’s relationship. I really just need to let it go and move on. I called Sean but got his voicemail so I left a message apologizing and letting him know I wouldn’t bring it up again. Then I called Zoey and basically said the same thing.

“So I’m going to drop it.”

“That’s good to hear. Any particular reason why?”

“I just thought about it for awhile and decided that it was none of my business.”

“Did Dr. Sheehan help you at all?”

“She did, as did Sean. As always it seems my problems tend to revolve around Kevin and all the horrible things he put me through.” I sighed sadly.

“Faith, the guy hurt you in so many ways. He lied to you, he manipulated you, he was rude to you, he tried to get you fired, and he assaulted you. In front of your boyfriend! It’s okay to still be dealing with all of that.”

“But I don’t want to Zoey. I just want to pretend like I never met him and move on.”

“But you can’t, Faith. Our past experiences make us who we are. I look at it like this: Kevin was a bastard to you but it lead you to one of your healthiest relationships in a long time with a guy that wanted and still wants to help you get through everything.”

Zoey had a point and I changed the subject because I am so over talking about Kevin.

“So is your weekend free?” I asked.

“I think so, why?”

“I thought you and I could offer to watch the twins so Theo and Anna can go out for awhile or something.”

“That’s a great idea. I’ll order some movies on Netflix for us to watch while we are babysitting. You can bring the food.”

“Pizza?”

“Of course.”

“It’s the best food, really.”

“This is why we’re friends, Faith, you understand the truly important stuff in life.”

I laughed and we talked for a little longer before saying good-bye. I sent Anna an e-mail asking if she’d like for Zoey and I to give her and Theo a night off before settling in for the night. Dr. Sheehan recommended I write a letter to Kevin getting everything off my chest but I just ended up staring at a blank piece of paper for an hour. She said once I finished it, I should read it aloud and then burn it because she thought that might help me. Instead I took the contract Kevin signed and took it off my wall. Instead of being a symbol of the closure I got, it just became a reminder. I put it in the very back of my hall closet next to my Christmas decorations. I’ll try to write the letter tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment