Thursday, April 7, 2011

Liar

I had to go to work yesterday which gave Sean time to do his laundry and catch up on a few errands but later we went out to dinner to a nice restaurant. It was quiet and romantic and it’s pretty obvious that Sean missed me a lot. He asked me how Murphy has been and how I’ve been and all sorts of things about how my days have been without him. I updated him on Anna’s twins and Zoey and Wesley before asking him about the guys.

“So how is everyone else doing on the tour, besides Karen?”

“Um…I think some of us are more suited to the road than others.”

“What does that mean?”

“Well…Guy sort of cheated on his girlfriend with some girl after a show.”

“What!?”

“I don’t know. It’s not like him.”

“Well, did you tell her?”

“Tell her what? It’s not my news to tell, Faith. It’s none of my business.”

“So you’re just going to let Guy lie to his girlfriend?”

“It’s none of my business.”

“What if it was me, Sean? Wouldn’t you want someone to tell me?”

“What? I’d never do that to you Faith. And if I did, I’d have the respect to tell you myself.”

“So…Guy is just going to sleep around while his girlfriend sits at home and misses him?”

“I guess. None of us have talked to him about it since we all walked in on them.”

“I’m sorry?”

“Jake, Lou, Eddie, and I all walked in on him and this girl on the tour bus.”

“Oh gross! I have lost all respect for him.”

“All of us have.”

“You have to tell her Sean! You just have to.”

“Faith, look, I’m only home until tomorrow, can we please not fight tonight?”

“Fine.” I said trying to push this conversation out of my head.

Sean and I finished dinner and went home to snuggle on my couch but I couldn’t stop thinking about Guy and what a jerk he was. Sean pulled me out of my thoughts.

“What?”

“I said, you should probably get this thing sized. You don’t want it to fling off your finger and lose it on the street.” He was talking about my engagement ring.

“Oh…right. I’ll get it done eventually.”

“You don’t want to put it off, Faith. You could lose it. Look how loose it is.”

“I won’t. I’ll get it done once things at work calm down.”

Sean left this morning and I’m pretty sad about it. He said that he should be back in another month for a longer stay (a whole week!) and that he’ll call me once they get to their hotel for the night. Meanwhile I’m still nowhere with Stormy’s situation and I’m about as frustrated by it as Stormy is. The lack of professionalism Veronica is showing about Stormy’s needs is shocking, to me personally. Running and hiding from issues is not how adults are supposed to function at work. I’m really at a loss of what to do and I can’t talk to anyone, like Suzy or Dina, about it because employee issues that deal with HR are supposed to be confidential.

5 comments:

  1. haven't been commenting, but have been reading. really enjoying the posts. mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, really hoping that the foreshadowing of the manager looking just like Faith and her breaking up with her boyfriend while on tour, along with this conversation about honesty and faithfulness aren't foreshadowing for Sean to turn into a D-bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say that I agree with Sean that it is not his place to tell Guy's g/f. Not unless he is super close to her or related. Sad situation, but unfortunately it happens so much with Rock Stars. I don't think I could handle being with a rock star, I hope Faith can, because I think they are going to make big time. I can't wait to find out what is up with Veronica, she seemed so on top of things when Faith first started. And it is a bad situation for Faith to be in. Makes work unpleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It almost would have been better if Sean hadn't told Faith about Guy and his cheating. Now, Faith will have that on her mind, and it'll cause tension between her and Sean when he sticks to his position of not telling Guy's girlfriend. And, yes...Sean's right: it's not his place to insert himself into someone else's relationship, unless there's special circumstances (like Lara mentioned, if the girlfriend is a member of his family, or they're close friends).

    Agree with Amesabelle about maybe this is all a foreshadowing of what's coming with Sean (especially Karen breaking up with her boyfriend and all that). Hope not, but it appears that way. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well one good thing about Sean, at least from Faith's viewpoint, is his impotence problem. I do think that if he did attempt to cheat his guilty conscious would keep his equipment form working lol.

    ReplyDelete