Thursday, March 20, 2014

Morning Mash-Up

I woke up to an empty bed and the sounds of Adam cooking in someone’s kitchen.

“Good morning.” I said giving him a hug from behind.

He was standing at the stove making scrambled eggs in his pajama pants and his hair was disheveled from sleeping.

“Good morning to you.” He pulled me around, put his arm over my shoulder, and gave me a kiss.


I hopped up to sit on the kitchen counter next to him and started eating a banana. As he cooked I grazed his legs with mine.

“You’re distracting me.” He eyed me playfully, “You’re going to have burnt eggs.”

“You can’t be mad at me, you love me.” I joked.

He went back to his eggs and smiled.

“You look good in that old t-shirt.” Adam said scrambling his eggs.

“Really?” I teased.

Adam set his pan of now fully cooked eggs to the side and turned the burner off before stepping over to stand between my legs. He put his hands low on the small of my back.

“Yes, you do.” He kissed my neck.

“But my hair is messy.”

“I don’t care.” He kissed the other side.

“And I haven’t showered yet…”

“I don’t care.” He kissed my mouth.

I leaned forward and gave him a teasing kiss.

He kissed down my neck again, “Most of all you’re smart.”

Another kiss.

“And funny.”

Another kiss.

“And I love you.”

Adam smiled and kissed me again. I wrapped my legs around him and the eggs were completely forgotten.

_______________

After I left Adam’s place, I went home and took Sasha for a run and took a shower. Molly was drinking a smoothie and reading the paper at the dining table. I was giddy from all the sex I’d had and sat down across from her with a glass of orange juice and a stupid smile.

“What?” She asked noticing I was staring at her like a dork.

“Adam and I finally had sex for the first time.”

“Shut up! Based on your expression, I take it went well?”

“VERY well.” I said sipping my orange juice.

“Oh I’m so happy for you! It’s been almost a year for you, hasn’t it?”

“Yes. And it was SO worth the wait.”

“Get that orgasm, girl.” Molly smiled.
 _________________


Things were going really well for about a week. Molly was out on an audition and I invited Adam over.

“Hey!” I said when I answered the door.

“Faith, I have GREAT news!” Adam hugged me, lifted me off the ground and spun, “I got a job offer!”

I gave him a kiss and we walked over to the couch.

“Tell me all about it.” I said enthusiastically.

“Okay, well, it’s not exactly a job offer. It’s a book deal.”

“Wow!”

“One of your HR friends hooked me up with this guy at a publishing house and I submitted some things I’d written. He showed my work to his bosses and they liked it!”

“What’s the book going to be about?”

“Well, you know how I told you that I wrote a lot while I was recovering from Amber’s attack?”

“Yeah…”

“I submitted all of that so they want the book to be about what she did and how it all happened.”

I looked at Adam cautiously and wasn’t sure how to approach this so I just drove through it.

“Adam, you can’t write that book.” I blurted out.

“What?” He recoiled, “Faith, this is the first opportunity for a steady paycheck I’ve gotten in years.”

“I understand that but that story isn’t just yours and I don’t want a book about that part of my life written for people to read for entertainment.”

“I can’t believe this! This could be a huge break for my career.” He said angrily.

“You don’t even want to be an author!” I pointed out.

“Faith, this book would be in the true crime genre, it could give me the edge on my resume to beat out other candidates for what I want to do.”

“Something else will come along.” I pleaded, “You don’t need this specific opportunity. Something else will-”

“No, Faith. This is it. This is the closest I’ve come to getting a job that remotely relates to what I want to do.”

“I won’t give you my permission to write that book.”

“Fine! I’ll just take you out of it.”

I stood up angrily.

“How will you do that, Adam!? Amber stalked ME for nearly ten years. She was with you to get closer to ME. She tried to kill you because she thought you were coming between the friendship she had with ME. She almost killed me and Molly, who, by the way, probably won’t give you her permission to write it either!”

Adam took a deep breath and rubbed his eyes. Then he shook his head and stood up.

“I thought you’d be happy for me…”

“I am happy for you but maybe you can suggest a different book topic.”

“This is my story, too, not just yours.” He was talking more to himself than to me.

I walked over to him and hesitantly placed my hands on his chest.

“Adam, I know how hard that was for you to go through. I do.” He avoided my eyes but I refused to let him and maintained eye contact, “And I am truly not trying to lessen the effect it had on you at all, but I don’t want the most traumatic thing I’ve ever gone through to be turned into a form of entertainment for people to read. My PARENTS don’t even really know all the details of what happened and I don’t want them to read about it in a book.”

He slid his hands onto mine and then gently moved them away.

“I need some space.” He started walking toward my door.

“Are you serious?” I was very hurt and I followed him.

“Yeah. Just…don’t come by for a couple of days, okay?” He was standing in my doorway looking very sad and angry.

“Adam…”

He shook his head and left me alone in my apartment.


(Author's Note: SURPRISE POST! -del)

19 comments:

  1. If they break up I will be soooooooooo sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is more like it. Finally, some good drama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fuck my life- I liked them together. This just does not seem something Adam would do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nooooo, I was finally starting to like them together! I get where they're both coming from, but I'm way more with Faith on this one. Having a brief story in the newspaper was probably enough. She doesn't need a book written about it to serve as a constant reminder of that event. I get that Adam's sad. It's a huge opportunity, but I hope he realizes how insensitive he's being towards Faith. Like he said, it's his story too BUT it's also Faith's. I hope they can work through it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the honeymoon phase is over. Honestly, I wouldn't want something published if I went through what Faith went through. Yes, Adam was severely injured but Faith was stalked for years. Her apartment was burned down. Her place of work was burned down. Her life was shattered when Amber tried killing jeez Molly, and Adam. I think Adam should at least respect Faith's wishes and try to find another way to write the book or pitch another idea. Because Faith is a huge part of the transgression, it would be hard not to include her to tell an 'accurate' account of the event. Also, if Adam pushes this, Faith will break up with him. & honestly, Im ready for them to part ways. The way he reacted was not cool, Faith was happy for him until she found out her whole life story was going to be put in an crime novel for Adam to reap the profits of it while she suffered from the pain all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can totally understand Faith's reaction. Imagine how her mum will react after knowing the FULL story. It's a very conflicting issue for both Faith and Adam. Perhaps Adam's way of therapy is to write it out for all to 'see' and Faith's to slowly let time heals all. Either way they are not 'wrong'. Hopefully Adam will come to understand Faith's situation after the couple of days

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really don't get all of the Adam hate. He has done nothing but treat Faith with mutual respect. Even the way he argues with her is respectful. Remember all of the blow outs she would have with Sean where he would say horrible things to her? Or the way Brad treated her just in general? I just don't get why so many people are so against them dating. Mike was not perfect and people need get over him.

    I can see where both of them are coming from with this argument and I think they both handled it like adults, too. It didn't devolve into a huge shouting match like it often did with Sean.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess I'm the only one who thinks Faith is being totally unreasonable. This is just as much Adam's story to tell as hers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. i think it is a way to turn something awful into something positive. If he can use this terrible experience to help his career and earn money he should do it. He just needs to make sure that her identity is covered so she's not connected if she doesn't want to be.

      Delete
  9. Totally agree! He nearly died, I know she was stalked but gosh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...I'm on the fence. I can see both sides. What if he changed the names? I guess he'd have to write it under another name, too, because their family/friends would know who it was about. I think I'd feel the same way Faith does, but it is Adam's story to tell, too. What a pickle! mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I see both sides. But it's almost like some of the comments on here are completely diminishing what she went through. Like saying just because his ordeal was worse, she should get over it as if it never happened. People were actually killed because of this woman's obsession with Faith. I think she was blindsided and reacted accordingly. Hopefully they can work this out. I feel for both of them.

      Delete
  11. I can see faiths side, but this is a bigger story for adam. He fell in love with her and was talking about spending his life with her and it was all a lie. He almost died because of her obsession. I think it would bring adam some closure to write the book and it's very selfish of faith to deny him that.
    Please please please don't have faith cheat on adam during their days apart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree about Faith being selfish here. To hear her version, the whole mess was all about her, the "ME, ME, ME" she's actually saying about it when they're arguing. At least she wasn't in close contact with the woman until the very end, while Adam's life had been invaded on every level. Can't she see how major it was for Adam to be living with that psycho, planning his future with her, only to find it was all a lie, then being almost murdered, then the long recovery? The guy needs to make a living, besides, and this is the perfect break for his career. He can change the names, or come up with some other compromise.

      Delete
  12. I wonder if he could change the book to fiction? If he did that, no one outside the people "in the know" would connect the two issues? That could be a good compromise.

    I do think however, Faith is completely over reacting. This is a huge thing for Adam. A huge step in his career. How many people submit manuscripts everyday that are rejected?? She needs to calm the hell down.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm thinking that Molly will help calm Faith down. Faith's final defense was that Molly wouldn't agree either, but what if she's on Adam's side. That should make Faith think twice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Faith didn't even know she had a stalker for all those years, and she was only really impacted later on and Adam was impacted more so. She needs to get a grip and stop being selfish.

    Also if she claims to love him, why exactly doesn't she want to meet his parents for "a long long time"

    She's waaaaay too self centered.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel like faith is starting to get really self-centered. This was a big example of that, just because she was faiths stalker doesn't mean the biggest impact was on her. She tricked adam in every possible way and then tried to MURDER him. And the faith manages to make the anna,theo, Zoey thing all about her because Zoey didn't tell her. I won't be able to continue reading about faith if she continues to make everything about her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's unfair. This is Faith's blog and it's told from her viewpoint so I think it's easy to say she's self centered. And even if she is being self centered right now I don't think it's a bad thing. A year ago she was sacrificing her own happiness in her relationships by being too afraid to speak up or be honest. Now she's doing that and suddenly she's self centered?

      Even if you think she's being unreasonable I think her reaction was at least understandable. Adam blindsided her with this and she reacted honestly instead of keeping locked in. She's making progress in how she approaches her relationships with men and I don't think it's fair to simply chock that up to being self centered, I would argue that it shows how comfortable she is with Adam instead.

      As for the Zone thing, Faith didn't make it all about her. She was there for Zoey and supported her decision but then had some feelings about it. Zoey lied to Faith, too and if Zoey was my friend I'd certainly have some questions I'd want to ask. Faith didn't even seek out that situation, Zoey dragged her into it and is basically making Faith an accomplice to her lie, which I think makes Faith entitled to her own feelings about it an askd some questions.

      Delete