Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Body Language

“Adam?” I called.

I had just gotten done with a show and went to Adam’s apartment right after it so we could talk about the discussion I’d overheard with between him and Peter. I walked in, took my shoes off, and called for him.

“In here!” Adam’s voice rang out from his bedroom.


I walked in and he was standing at his dresser putting his laundry away. He wasn’t wearing a shirt, just jeans slung low on his hips. I leaned on the door jamb and took in the scene.

“Do you always do your laundry at 11 o’clock at night?” I mused.

Adam smiled.

“I never have to wait for a dryer when I do it later than most.”

“So, Peter doesn’t like me, huh?”  I crossed my arms.

Adam stopped folding his shirt and put it on top of his dresser then turned to look at me. He sighed and rubbed the back of his head.

“Peter is a judgmental ass. He doesn’t know you.”

“Why are you even friends with him if he’s such a jerk?”

Adam walked over to me, grabbed my hand, and we sat on the end of his bed. I turned my body to face him.

“Faith, have you ever had a friend that you’ve been friends with forever and eventually you realize that you’ve grown into two completely different people over the years? But you don’t want to end the friendship because of what it meant?”

I nodded.

“The truth is that Peter and I don’t hang out that much, we stopped having a lot in common years ago but every once in awhile we hang out.”

“Adam, I get it. I don’t want or expect you to cut people out of your life because of how they feel about me. I just wish you had told me that Peter was basically an audition for me to meet your parents before I met him.”

“It wasn’t really like that. I think he just assumed that that was the reason I invited him to meet you.”

I looked down and picked at my leggings and the hem of my skirt.

“But you do want me to meet your family. That’s why you brought up my mom, right?”

He picked up my hand and entwined his fingers with it.

“I do want you to meet my family when you’re ready, but that’s not why I brought up your mom.”

“Then why?” I looked up at him.

“Faith, have you ever noticed that neither one of us really bring up our families at all? Or that we never ask each other about them?”

I sat there and thought about it and he was right. I didn’t even know Adam had a brother until Peter had mentioned him.

“So, you just brought up my mom to learn more about my family?” I asked.

“Yeah. I know you have an older brother. And I know what your parents do for a living but that’s about it. Bringing up your mom, admittedly, probably wasn’t the best way to learn more about your family.”

He laughed and rubbed the back of his head.

“So, what’s the deal with yours?” I asked after a moment, “What’s the big mystery? Why is Peter convinced they won’t like me?”

“Because they won’t.” He laughed and looked away for a second, took a deep breath, and then looked at me again, “Faith, I come from money. When I left for college I grew up a lot and decided that I didn’t want to be part of that social circle anymore. I really only visit them or speak to them if I have to or for holidays.”

“Well, that’s not hard, they don’t live here.” I said.

“Actually…they do. They live about 30 minutes away, just outside the city.”

“What? I thought they lived-”

“They have multiple homes across the country that they live in periodically, but this is where my siblings and I were raised.”

“But when your parents came to the hospital, they had been travelling…they were…”

“They were in France when the hospital called them.”

I took in what he was telling me.

“But your parents seemed fine when I met them in the hospital.”

“Well, having your son almost die sort of subdues the need to judge others for their lack of money, I guess.” He said bitterly.

“Okay, Adam, I don’t mean to be insensitive here, but if them being judgmental is the issue I don’t get it. Everyone’s parents are going to be judgmental of the people their children are dating.”

“It doesn’t stop there, Faith. The reason they will not approve of you isn’t because you’re simply dating me, it’s because of your family and the fact that they aren’t rich. My parents, and their friends, won’t approve of you because you don’t come from a ‘good’ family.”

“So?” I eyed him.

“You don’t get it.” He shook his head, “I know this sounds like a poor little rich boy story and I’m not looking for sympathy. I know how lucky I am to not have to worry about student loans and I have a great circle of friends that I can rely on so I don’t need my family for that. But, Faith, my family isn’t going to like you the more they get to know you. They will think they are better than you and they will say and do things to try and make you feel like it’s true.”

“Then why do you want me to meet them at all, even if it isn’t right now?”

Adam held his hands up in effort to come up with an answer.

“Because they’re my family. And I still care about them and maybe if they see how much I love you they’ll lay off trying to set me up with girls I have nothing in common with except our economic backgrounds.”

I didn’t know what to say. I understood where Adam was coming from and, even if he didn’t want to admit it or like it, getting his family’s approval meant something to him. I put my hand on the side of his face and kissed him.

“Okay.” I said, “But I’m not ready to meet them right now and probably won’t be for a really long time.”

“I am completely okay with that.” He smiled and hugged me, “I love you so much, Faith.”

He gave me a brief kiss and then went to get up to finish putting his laundry away but I stopped him and pulled him back down and into a long kiss. When we broke apart my hand ended on Adam’s chest and I could feel his heart beating fast. Our eyes locked and he moved his hand on the side of my face and up into my hair before kissing me. His other hand ran down my arm and I felt goosebumps. I leaned into him so there was no space between us at all and he pulled me onto his lap so I was straddling him.

Things went very quickly from there. His hands roved over my leggings and up my skirt, I took my shirt off and threw it on the floor. He kissed down my neck and to my collar bone but then everything slowed way down, like we both knew what was going to happen and wanted to savor it. Adam rolled me off his lap and onto my back and then slowly moved his hands up underneath my skirt and slowly pulled off my leggings and underwear. My knees hung off the edge of the bed and Adam kneeled down on the floor and slid me farther off the edge of the bed. He trailed kisses down my inner thighs, his head disappearing beneath my skirt.

My breathing sped up when I felt his mouth between my legs. His hands rested on my hips and pushed me down against the mattress so I couldn’t move. I gripped his comforter and bit my lower lip because it all felt so good. When I came my back arched and I dug my toes into the carpet. I sat up and Adam’s head came out from under my skirt and kissed up my abdomen. I stood him up, unzipped his jeans, and took him in my mouth. I heard him lightly moan as I swirled my tongue so I went faster but he stopped me and walked over to his nightstand to get a condom.

I wiggled out of my skirt and took the condom from him when he came back. I slid him out of his jeans and underwear and put it on, then I started backing up onto his bed while he crawled over me slowly while I playfully kissed him. I eventually pushed him up against his headboard so he was sitting with his back against it and straddled him. He took off my bra and started kissing my breasts as I lowered myself onto him and began moving my hips. I pushed my body against his as I moved while he kissed my neck. He put his hands on my hips to control my speed and then slid them over to grip my butt. I bit my lower lip and moaned and he moved one of his hands between us and down to between my legs where he moved his fingers in a circular motion right where I wanted it. After about a minute he pulled my head down to whisper into my ear.

“Are you close?” He panted.

I bit my lip and said “mmhmm.”

Adam rolled me onto my back so he was on top and started thrusting into me slowly but then faster. I wrapped my legs around him and gripped his shoulders with my hands as we came together. Adam rested on top of me and we kissed for several moments before breaking apart.

“Was that okay?” He asked still on top of me.

“It was great.” I giggled and kissed his forehead.


He rolled off of me and went to the bathroom to clean up while I put my underwear back on and found an old college t-shirt in his laundry basket that I threw over myself. When he came back he put on his pajama pants and I helped him put away his laundry then we climbed into bed and cuddled until we fell asleep.

15 comments:

  1. Idk why but they feel like brother and sister to me. Not feeling this at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that same vibe.

      Granted, brothers and sisters don't do the things that they just did, but at the same time, look at how they reacted after that. If she is so in love with him and all that, where was the passion in that?

      This was thier first time having sex. She seemed more passionate and interested in those times that Mike was using her body at his mother's funeral than she was with Adam. And this was supposed to be "special", to mean something, and immediately after he goes to the bathroom to clean up, and then comes back and puts on his pajamas while she just put her underwear back on and then they went back to putting away the laundry and then fell asleep.

      Where is the romance, the love, even just some talking? This just didn't really seem all that "special" to me. I'm still not saying that Mike is "the one" for her, but Adam is not either. I don't know...

      But I still love the story!

      Lady

      Delete
    2. Wait, you mean I'm not allowed to finish laundry after sex?? I didn't get this memo and yet, my fiance still proposed. Sometimes I'll go really crazy and finish making dinner.

      Delete
    3. Srob, I do understand what you are saying, and I do get it, honestly. I only meant that to say that this was thier first time having sex. The first time for them to be as intimate as you can be with someone. This was a big deal for both of them, especially Faith. Me personally, if I was in her shoes, the way it was described that she was feeling about not having sex / having sex after the abortion and past relationships, it would've been more of a big deal to her, if not both of them. I, in no way, meant that you can't do laundry, cook, clean, or go back to whatever you were doing afterwards. I just thought that the moment would've lasted longer for them being that it was their first time. I guess I was just looking for them to linger in the moment a bit longer. But, hey, that's just me...

      Delete
    4. I get what you are saying, and while the "romance novel style" first times are more exciting to read about, I liked this account. It felt more intimate to me because they connect on deeper levels than just a sexual one. They have known each other a long time and their first time having sex seemed like a natural progression of the trusting and wall-free relationship they are building. No pretenses, not performances, just honest and anxiety free sex. Faith seems happier and more fulfilled in this relationship than she has ever been with anyone, including Mike, in my opinion.

      It's boring as hell but I get more relationship satisfaction from my significant other cleaning the kitchen than I do a dozen roses!

      Delete
    5. "It's boring as hell but I get more relationship satisfaction from my significant other cleaning the kitchen than I do a dozen roses!"

      I sooooooo feel you on that one! lol Let me come home and find my dishes washed or a load of laundry done, that's romantic to me!

      I hear what you're saying, too, and that makes sense. I guess for me something about them still feels a little off. I will say that he IS starting to grow on me, but there is still a nagging in the back of my mind. Maybe I'm just looking for that "thing" to put my finger on about them.

      Delete
  2. Chris - @nylonlover69 on TwitterMarch 24, 2014 at 10:07 AM

    Interesting comments by the first two people, cause I don't get that at all about Adam and Faith...

    Nice post. Glad she finally got some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I disagree with the first two comments. This post actually won me over with Adam! He was honest with Faith. It may have been hard, but he told her the truth and that's so important in a relationship. I guess this post just showed me how much Adam really loves Faith, which in turn made me really love Adam! I'm officially on team Adam now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Adam and Faith together. It'll be really interesting to see what happens when she meets his family, which will probably happen sooner than Faith thinks. Hopefully, unlike Mike, Adam will stand up to his family if they're disrespectful to Faith.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can understand why previous posts might have had people thinking Adam and Faith are a little brother and sister-like, but this was decidedly not sibling-esque AT ALL. I have to admit that I had to overcome the idea that Adam was going to end up being a gay character, actually. Wasn't it him that Faith had standing dates to watch Project Runway with? :)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! You are right! They would get together and watch Project Runway!

      I don't feel like Adam is the one. He's too safe or something. I don't know. When she was with Sean, Mike, take your pick, she seemed more excited. I don't know. I don't mean to be a downer. I just feel like if someone else were to come along and tickle her fancy, Adam would be history. mum

      Delete
    2. I think that was relationship angst, not excitement.

      Delete
  6. I LOVE ADAM! HE IS SUCH A GOOD GUY!

    ReplyDelete