Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Handiwork

I called Zoey a few days after I left her in her apartment to see if she’d had any clarity with a few days to think about it.

“No. I don’t know. I keep going back and forth. Maybe I SHOULD just talk to Theo. Maybe I’m just making a big deal out of nothing. Why don’t YOU talk to Theo?”

“You want ME to bring this up with him?” I asked.


“Yeah, then you’d be, like, a neutral party in all of it.” She explained.

“Zoey, I love you but no way am I bringing it up with him. This is between you guys, not me.”

Zoey groaned and let out a tired sounding sigh.

“You’re right. I’m sorry, that was a stupid thing for me to ask. Maybe I should just let it go.”

“I wish I knew what to say to help you.”

“You’ve been great, Faith, but you’re right, this is my problem.”

We hung up and I stared at my phone for awhile.

“How’s Zoey?” Adam came around the corner with a bowl of popcorn and plopped down on his bed next to me.

“She’s still confused about what to do.” I said shifting my body to face him and laying with my arm bent and my hand propping my head up.

I had told Adam about what happened because I thought he might have a better idea for advice since he wasn’t involved at all. I thought he’d be the most objective person to talk to since he hasn’t met any of the people involved but he didn’t have any advice either.

“She’ll figure something out.” He said.

“I can’t help but think not saying anything would be the best thing. That way things could just go back to normal.”

“Yeah, for everyone except Zoey.” Adam pointed out.

“I feel a little hurt that she never told me about this. That’s horrible, isn’t it?”

“No, it’s not horrible, you’re allowed to feel that way but surely you can also understand why she didn’t.”

“I do. I really do. I never told her about the abortion so I get why and I don’t hold it against her for not telling me.”

I leaned into him for a hug and munched on some popcorn.

“You know we also talked about other stuff while I was hanging out with the girls.” I said trying to get my mind off of Zoey.

“Yeah?” Adam put the bowl of popcorn on his night stand and reached for the remote to start the movie.

“Yeah and one of the things that came up made me realize something.”

“Like what?” Adam looked at me wondering where I was going with this as the previews played.

“I think we should have sex.”

“Uh, what?” He looked at me.

“I just think if it were to happen….I’d be pretty okay with that.” I said suddenly feeling awkward.

He looked at me in silence for a few seconds.

“You’re…you’re serious.” I nodded, “Oh, um. I haven’t gotten the okay from my doctor yet…”

“Oh.” I hated how painfully awkward this had suddenly become, “Never mind.”

I adjusted myself to face the television, broke away from him and then wrapped my arms around myself and stared forward. I could feel him staring at me and felt self-conscious. He turned on his side to face me, bent his arm, and held his head up with his hand.

“I think we could do something else, though.” He smiled and trace his index finger down the side of my arm.

He nuzzled the side of my face and I turned it to kiss him. It reminded me of the first time we kissed where there was a nervous, almost giddy feeling that spread through me. I could feel the heat of his body next to mine. When we broke away he moved a piece of hair away from my face and then slowly moved his hand down my neck to my abdomen and then to the top of my jeans. He unbuttoned them and then kissed me again. I moved my hands up to his neck and face and kissed him back hard while he slowly unzipped my jeans. As his fingers slid under the band of my underwear, I nipped at his jaw line.

Suddenly his hand stopped and he looked at me, his head still resting on his other hand.

“Is this okay?”

I nodded silently and pulled his face to mine for another deep kiss as I felt his hand start moving downward again. I felt suddenly nervous and thoughts like, “what if he’s not good at this” and “what if I don’t have an orgasm” started running through my mind. I had no reason to be worried though because Adam knew exactly what he was doing. I gasped slightly mid-kiss when I felt two of his fingers enter me. It was really hot how nonchalant he was about it; still lying on his side with his head resting in his other hand, kissing me as if nothing else was happening. He moved his fingers at just the right angle but I didn’t start seeing stars until he began using his thumb to tap my clitoris. I grabbed the front of Adam’s shirt in my fist while he continued to kiss me and came within minutes. I felt my body tense up and knew he was watching me as it happened. I turned on my side and into his body and rested my face between his neck and shoulder as each wave hit me. His five o’clock shadow rubbed against my cheek and he smelled so good.

“Thank you,” I whispered into his neck, “thank you thank you thank you.”

He started laughing and wrapped his arms around me. He kissed my hair and then pushed it out of the way so he could see my face.

“Thank you.” I said again and then kissed him.

I could feel him break into a smile during the kiss which I found incredibly sexy and kissed him harder. We broke apart and then I rolled over and laid on my back and stared at the ceiling, taking in how tingly (and satisfied) I felt.

“Popcorn?” Adam was smirking and looking very proud of himself. He held the bowl next to me and clicked the “play movie” selection on the DVD menu screen then he kicked back and put his arms behind his head.

Our eyes met and I started laughing. He reached his arm over and pulled me to him, the bowl of popcorn between us.


I love my boyfriend.

9 comments:

  1. I really hope he washed his hands before digging into that popcorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my gosh! that was my first thought too!! lol

      Delete
    2. I thought the same thing! Or at least used his other hand!

      Delete
    3. Thank you for changing that line!!! Phew.

      Delete
  2. LMAO! All we can think about is him washing his hands. I think her telling Adam about Zoey is going to bite her in the butt someday. mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. Not feeling the Adam love at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey ladies! If you're interested, please check out our blog at southernsass803.wix.com/southernsass803. It's a little different and very progressive. I hope you take the time to check us out! Please and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just not into the Adam and Faith relationship. I've tried to give it a chance, but it seems like there isn't much of a spark. They've only been together for a month or two at this point, & it seems like they are married or something.
    & the whole drama situation with Zoey, is really scandalous. Faith should steer clear of that situation. Because it sounds like the situation will implode, and it's only a matter of time. I feel incredibly bad for Anna, and feel like Zoey should have told Anna ten years ago that she had dated Theo in college. The fact that she has buried the secret, will only worsen the inevitable outcome of the situation.

    ReplyDelete