Thursday, October 3, 2013

Celebrate Good Times

It’s official! We’re breaking ground on the theatre renovation next week. Important members of the community and neighborhood will be there to commemorate it and welcome us. I’m pretty excited. Our next board meeting won’t be for awhile but Zeke said that Nick is going to basically pitch all sort of PR and marketing ideas to get the theatre’s name out there and build up hype. But more importantly it’s supposed to attract a lot of investors. Hopefully Nick is as good as I’ve heard.

Molly and I wanted to go out and celebrate. So we invited all the girls.

I invited Suzy, Dina, Amber, Anna, and Zoey out for drinks with Molly and me and it was an absolute blast. First we met up and ate pizza (don’t want to drink on an empty stomach!) and Molly and I gushed all about the new theatre and our jobs and how enamored we are with it all. We’re in the honeymoon phase, still, OBVS.

“I’m so proud of you!” Anna said grabbing a slice of pizza and toasting us with it.

“I can’t wait to see the new theatre!” Zoey said.

“Me, too. I can’t believe Eddie decided to sell to you guys. He seemed so adamant about not selling!” Dina said.

Molly and I shared a look and a quiet came over the table.

“He…didn’t sell it?” Suzy asked confused.

“Um. It’s a long story…” I said not wanting to get into it.

“His theatre…caught on fire.” Molly said, “It was destroyed so we went looking for a different theatre to use.”

“Oh.” Zoey said.

There was a brief silence before Molly recovered.

“You’ll never believe what the theatre we ended up with used to be!”
After pizza we headed out for drinks and dancing. As soon as we got to a bar down the street from the pizza place, Dina, Suzy, Amber, Molly, and Zoey headed out to the dance floor while Anna and I grabbed a table and ordered a round of margaritas for everyone.

“Seven margaritas, please.” I told the waiter.

“Um. Actually make it six. I’m not really feeling it tonight.” Anna said.

The waiter nodded and headed off. I eyed Anna.

“Are you feeling okay?” I asked.

“Yeah… I’m fine, I just don’t feel much like dinking tonight.”

“You’re not…” I asked.

Anna couldn’t hide her smile and nodded.

“Four months.”

I practically tackled her with a hug.

“This is such GREAT news!” I yelled.

“You’re one of the only people I’ve told. I only told my parents a few weeks ago.” She said returning the hug, “I’m going to tell Molly and Zoey later. Tonight is about you and Molly anyway.”

“Oh, Anna, you don’t have to feel like you need to hide it because we’re celebrating our jobs tonight, we can celebrate a pregnancy, too.”

She waved me off and went to order a ginger ale.


I can’t believe it! There’s been so much happy news in the past few days. If you had told me that things would turn around so quickly, I never would have believed it. It seems like just yesterday I was being questioned by the police and had my run-in with Brad. And now I’m celebrating my brand new job and Anna is pregnant again! This is SO awesome!

4 comments:

  1. Yup...*very* awesome! Happy for Faith (Anna & Leo, also); trying not to wonder when the proverbial other shoe is going to drop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, bummer! I was kind of enjoying the happy little honeymoon phase we have been existing in. Although I still think that Amber has something to do with all the crazy crap in Faith's life. :) (And I like your little devilish smile above del)

      Delete
  2. lol- Oh Del....Faith will never have a life sans drama! :) But it sure makes for some fantastic reading :)

    ReplyDelete