Sunday, October 13, 2013

Mysterious Molly

Detective Geordi hasn’t called me back yet. I have called and left voicemails for him several times a day since Adam I went to the police station to talk to him. Molly came back last night, though, and we had a pretty long talk.

I was cooking dinner and she walked through the door with her duffle bag.

“Hey.” I said awkwardly.

“Hi.” She said.

There was a long awkward silence.

“Faith…I’m sorry I was so rude to you.”

“You don’t need to apologize to me.” I said, “But please talk to me. What is going on?”

Molly burst into tears and I quickly walked over to her and gave her a hug.

“That detective showed up at the theatre with Riley. He said all sorts of things that implicated you in Eddie’s fire and Riley yelled at me once the detective left. He said that we couldn’t trust you.”

I stopped her and we sat on the couch.

“What did detective Geordi say?” I asked gently.

“I told him that you had an alibi for the night Eddie’s theatre burned down but he said that your alibi for the night wasn’t that rock solid. He said that your co-worker, Cara I think, couldn’t account for your whereabouts for an hour and a half of your shift, which, he said, would have been more than enough time for you to get to the theatre and set it on fire.”

Molly sniffled. I was surprised. Cara wouldn’t have lied about not seeing me; she’d have no reason to. I made a mental note to ask her about it later that night at work.

“I’ll figure out what’s going on, Molly, and I’ll clear my name. You can tell Riley or anyone else who doubts me that they can talk to ME about it from now on. It’s not fair of them to gang up on you and it’s not okay for you to be questioned at work about me. I’ll clear it all up, okay?”

Molly nodded but she looked confused.

“Is…is something going on?” she asked.

I sighed and told her about what I found out about the other fires. By the time I was done, she looked horrified.

“Faith, we should leave! What if they show up here at the apartment? Whoever this is has obviously been keeping tabs on you for a really long time. It’s not safe here.”

“I think we’re okay, Molly. I really don’t think we’re in danger. Plus, I want to stay here in case Detective Geordi comes by to talk to me.”

“Are you sure we’re really safe here?” She asked.

“No. But, if they wanted to kill me they’ve had plenty of time to light the building on fire to do it so I don’t think we’re a target.”

“But YOU are.” Molly pointed out.

“I know, but they probably know I live here if they know where I work. There’s really nowhere I could go to hide but if you want to leave, I won’t take it personally.”

Molly looked at her duffle bag and then at me.

“I’ll stay here with you.” She said.


I gave her another hug.

7 comments:

  1. Things are getting good! The detective being missing like that seems suspicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird that the detective has time to go harass Molly but no time to return Faith's call..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any chance that the blog is going to be updated soon? I'm worried it hasn't been updated since October. I just found this blog about a week ago, and I am loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She had actually taken a little hiatus, and the last 2 posts were updated within the past couple weeks - I think shes just backdating to keep the story line in order :)
    ~ Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh ok, great! I hate waiting!!!! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the blog is active, I just make it so the posts match up to the date so there isn't, like, a huge span of time, but in Faith's world there hasn't been a time change, if that makes sense.

      Posts are every Monday and Thursday. I'm glad you like the blog!

      -del

      Delete
  6. I think I know who dies, but I wont tell
    Renee Marie

    ReplyDelete