Sunday, April 21, 2013

He's a Super Freak

“I think we should talk.” I said sitting next to Brad. I had decided that I needed to end our relationship sooner than later and decided to sit him down when he got home from work and do it as quickly as possible.

“Me, too. I wanted to show you this.”

Brad lifted up his shirt’s sleeve to show me a new tattoo he got. My eyes got wide and I felt nervous.


“What do you think?” He asked enthusiastically.

“Um…It…it’s…nice but isn’t there a general rule to never get a significant other’s name tattooed on your body?” I said staring at my name written in flowery letters under one of his older tattoos of a sun.

“You don’t think it’s romantic?” He asked. He looked crestfallen.

“I wish you would’ve asked me.” I said, “I would have told you not to.”

“Why? It’s prefect, Faith. I got it under my sun because you’re the light of my life. Get it?”

“Y-yeah. That’s…that was clever. How long have you been thinking about getting that done?”

“Weeks. But I was determined after you told me you loved me.”

“O-oh?”

“Yeah, I figured since we’re in love with each other, there was no better time to get it done.”

I studied Brad to see how serious he was about this and there was no hint of humor or sarcasm on his face or in his tone. It was actually scary. I looked at the tattoo to make sure it wasn’t a fake one. No dice.

“So what did you want to talk about?” He asked before getting up and grabbing a soda.

“Um.” I didn’t know how to go about breaking up with Brad right after he showed me the tattoo of my name and sort of froze, “I…uh…I was just going to tell you that I was going to sleep at my place tonight.”

“Oh.” He looked sad, “Why?”

“Um, Murphy’s just been throwing up lately and I want to be there to monitor his food and water intake before I take him to the vet.”

“Okay.”

I told Molly about it when I got home.

“Are you SERIOUS!?” She asked.

“It’s weird, right!?” I said freaking out.

“I can’t believe he didn’t at least talk to you about it first. I mean…Brad does have a lot of tattoos so maybe getting one that was poorly thought isn’t that big of a deal to him…”

“What?” I gave her a confused look.

“You know, like Steve-O from that show Jackass. He has so many tattoos that he doesn’t care if he gets a bad one, like the one he had tattooed on him in a moving car…” I gave Molly a judgmental look, “…okay that idea sucks. Maybe Brad thought it would be romantic?”

“Maybe he’s just gotten so many tattoos that he didn’t really think it through? What am I going to do, Molly? I tried to end it but he showed me his tattoo right before and I was honestly too creeped out to try and end it.”

“Have you decided how you feel about him, yet?”

I bit my lip and felt ashamed. The real answer was that I still have no idea how I feel about Brad and I was too ashamed to tell Molly that so I didn’t say anything.

“Really? Even after this?” she said exasperatedly.

I didn’t say anything.

“Well…” Molly sighed, “I hope you figure this out soon because this guy’s behavior is weird and I’m starting to wonder if he’s only doing these ridiculous displays of love for you because he senses you’re on the fence.”

Molly had a point. Maybe my confusion about my feelings is something Brad has picked up on and he’s trying to sway me without even realizing it.

(Author's note: So that important stuff I had happening in July? I had to reschedule it. Not by much, though. It'll be over by the very beginning of August, so don't worry, my plan to get on real time is still possible, it just means the three posts a week thing will be happening later and not last as long. Maybe I'll try 4 posts a week or something, I don't know yet. I'll keep you posted. -del)

10 comments:

  1. RUUUN!! run for your life Faith!! Change your name, move abroad, whatever it takes..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is NOT going to end well......

    ReplyDelete
  3. hhmmm...trouble in River City. no doubt about it. mum

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if Brad set fire to her apartment thinking she would come running to his place...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt it. Logistically, he wouldn't have been able to. She was with him when it was set on fire. They went from work straight to his place, she was with him the whole time and I doubt he would've been able to get to her place, set the fire, and get away before Faith got there.

      Delete
    2. Maybe Brad hired someone to do it? He brought her to his place because then he knew she wouldn't be hurt.

      Delete
    3. No, I still don't think it's possible. If you go back and read how that played out, Faith invited herself to Brad's apartment. There's no way he could have planned it.

      Even if he hired someone, he wouldn't have been able to plan it ahead of time because Faith is the one who thought they should go back to his place.

      Delete
  5. Holy Crap! RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That guy is a nut bar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. RUUUUUN! Run away Faith, this is super creeper behavior! It's the last straw in a long line of clingy weirdness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He may end up being a stalker. Omg Faith should have taken care of that long time ago.

    ReplyDelete