Saturday, March 23, 2013

Flirty Faith

I showed up at the record store Brad works at in super tiny, skin-tight denim shorts and a tight, white tank top and a push-up bra. I needed a good reason to show up there out of the blue and figured I’d pretend like I was bringing him lunch. For good measure, I made sure it wasn’t food he’d like, that way if he didn’t take the bait with the open flirting, I could pick a fight if he said he didn’t like it.

“Hey.” I said walking inside.

“What are you doing here?” Brad asked happily.

“I thought I’d surprise you with lunch.” I said holding up the lunch cooler I brought with me.

“That’s awesome! Let me go get my jacket.”

“Okay.” I said as he walked towards the back. I found myself annoyed by his excitement.

I walked over to the cash register where Phil, Brad’s friend, was working. I leaned on the counter so my cleavage was in full view and stuck my butt out seductively.


“H-hi, Faith.”

“Hey Phil. Have you been working out?” I said tracing my finger down one of his arms.

“Oh…uh…yeah, my mom bought me a gym membership for Christmas and I decided to start using it, so…”

“Wow, your muscles are SOOOOO hard.” I said.

I flipped my hair to one side and made more small talk with Phil that bordered on innuendo.

“My favorite weight lifting exercise at the gym is the hip slide. It really opens me up.” I said.

Brad cleared his throat and I stood up straight and looked guilty.

“Are you ready to go?” He asked holding his jacket.

“Oh, yeah.” I said handing him the cooler and giving Phil a sexy wink that Brad totally saw.

We went to a park nearby to eat the lunch I brought. When we sat down on a bench Brad went in.

“What was that?” He asked.

“What was what?” I asked innocently.

“Faith, you don’t even go to the gym. You’ve never used a hip slide in your life.”

“Are you jealous because I was talking to your friend?” I asked trying to pick a fight.

“Were you trying to make me jealous?” Brad looked intrigued.

“No.” I said flatly.

“Well, it didn’t look like talking was the ONLY thing you were doing.”

“Do you not want me to make an effort to get to know your friends?” I accused.

“No, that’s fine, but could you not, like, feel them up?”

I angrily sighed.

“I was only being friendly.”

“Be less friendly.” Brad stressed.

I sighed again and started unpacking our lunch.

“What kind of sandwiches did you bring?” Brad asked.

“Chicken salad.”

I watched Brad closely as he stared at the sandwich I handed to him. I could see the gears turning in his head trying to decide if he wanted to mention how much he hated chicken salad and potentially cause another spat. He put the sandwich down next to him as if to hide it before taking a Tupperware container of fruit salad.

We ate and I bided my time until we were packing up.

“What’s that?” I asked pointing to the uneaten sandwich.

“What? Nothing.” He said trying to push it out of sight.

“You didn’t eat the sandwich I made for you?” I stared at him with the saddest eyes I could muster.

“I….uh…..no….I forgot I put it there.”

I stood there and crossed my arms before nodding at him to go ahead and eat the sandwich. He looked at the sandwich and steeled himself up to eat it before opening the bag and taking a big bite.

I smiled internally at how difficult it was for him to hide how much he hated it.

“You don’t like it?” I asked sadly.

“No…it’s…it’s great.” Brad said struggling to swallow a second bite.

I gave him a dirty look and angrily walked away.

“Faith, wait! It’s fine, really! See?” He took a bite mid run, “Mmmm.”

I turned on him with narrowed eyes.


“I’m not coming over tonight.” I seethed. Then I got on a bus heading to my apartment and burst into laughter when it turned the corner.

4 comments:

  1. Sadly I don't think it worked. He will be back with his tail in between his legs. Sadly I think Brad is pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so frustrated by this story line. I know it's all going somewhere (hopefully better than this) but it's just taking so long to get there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brad is definitely pathetic. And dating someone who is pathetic - knowing that they are - kind of makes the person dating them pathetic too, doesn't it? So she's being unkind and pathetic all at once, just because he's good in bed. I have a hard time believing/hoping that Mike will somehow be on the horizon for Faith after all of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly me too. It's almost she is using Brad as if on the rebound. Almost like trying to stay "busy" so she doesn't think about Mike.

      Delete