Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Finally!

 Mike and I were lounging about on my couch, watching a movie when my phone buzzed. It was Molly. Mike was wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt and I was wearing my fuzzy pajama pants and a long-sleeved sleep shirt.

“Is everything okay?” Mike asked.

“Yeah, Molly’s hotline shift was cancelled so she told me she’s going to say over at Calvin’s tonight.”

“So…she’s not going to be here until tomorrow.” He wiggled his eyebrows at me.

“Yeah.” I said not catching on.

“As in, we have the whole place to ourselves tonight and neither one of us has to work or anything?”

“Yeah…” It finally clicked.

Mike and I looked at each other before we both hopped off the couch and sprinted to my bedroom, throwing off clothes as we went. Honestly, the first time went by very quickly but I think that was because we were both so ready to finally have sex with each other that we just rushed through it before we could be interrupted again. It was okay but not nearly as good as the second, third or fourth times we had sex later that night (and the following morning). Mike has incredible stamina and the body of a fireman which is also a definite perk.

He was showering in my bathroom when I woke up after a session of intense morning sex and I just kind of laid in my bed and smiled for awhile because it was definitely worth the wait. Eventually I got dressed and made some coffee. Molly was still out from what I could tell but I kicked the clothes we’d pulled off  in the living room into my room so the living room wasn’t a mess. Mike came out right after the coffee finished brewing, he had a towel wrapped around his waist.

“Ahhh, coffee.” He said pouring us both a cup. He kissed my head and then joined me at the table for some bagels.

“I need it. I Didn’t get much sleep last night.” I smiled.

Mike laughed.

“Finally!” He said between laughs. I nodded and we both just burst out laughing because “finally” really did sum it up.

“It was worth the wait.” I said.

Unfortunately, we couldn’t spend the rest of the day together because Mike had to go to work and I had to go talk to Eddie  about some things for the holiday show schedule and tech so Mike left shortly after breakfast. We’re going to dinner tomorrow before I have to go to work at Bruno’s.

To be honest, I’m kind of relieved we’ve finally had sex (and that it was great!). Part of me was worried we’d sort of missed the boat to take things to the next level and were going to be stuck in this weird we’re-in-a-relationship-but-not-serious-enough-that-we’re-having-sex place forever.

In work news, the show was cast about a week and a half ago and we’ve started rehearsals. We’re going to go into tech in about two weeks and then open the show until we close in January. Unfortunately, this means I won’t be able to go home for Thanksgiving OR Christmas this year and I’m sure it’s going to just devastate my mom. I’m really not looking forward to telling her.

2 comments:

  1. Nice post. I am glad Faith finally got some. I am happy for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad you're back. Thrilled that Faith got some and it was good! How heartbreaking it would be after all that anticipating for them not to be, um, compatible. mum

    ReplyDelete