Thursday, September 20, 2012

Mixed Up


Mike and I went out for lunch together and then ended up back at his place. I wore my sexy underwear just in case we would have sex.

“So…I kind of want to ask you something, but I don’t want you to freak out, okay?”

We were sitting on his couch, making out.

“Um…okay?” I said pulling away to look at him.

“I…I want you to meet my parents.”

I was shocked.

“W-wha-we haven’t been dating that….r-really?”

“You’re freaking out.”

“Yeah.”

“Look, my parents live in town, they have a family dinner once a week, it’s not a formal thing, I swear. I go every week. We’ll just go to their house, hang out for a few hours, eat my mom’s cooking, and go home. You love my mom’s lasagna so I know you’ll love the food. They’re very friendly people.”

“That’s…really….that’s a big step.” I said.

“Look, just…just think about it, okay? No pressure, just…when you’re ready.”

“O-okay,” I said, “This was not what I thought we’d be doing when you invited me back here.” I tried to make a joke.

“Oh, well, I figured that would happen, too.” Mike smiled and started kissing me again.

“Would you be willing to meet some friends of mine?” Mike asked, breaking his kiss.

“THAT, I can do. You met my friends, so it’s time I met yours.” I started kissing him again.

We made our way to Mike’s bedroom, I took off his shirt and he started unbuttoning my jeans before he pressed his body on top of mine and suddenly stopped.

“Uh, your crotch is…vibrating.” He said out of breath.

I reached my hand down into my pocket and pulled out my phone.  It was Eddie.

All of my energy went out of me as I let out an angry sigh.

“UGH! We are NEVER going to have sex, are we?” I said to no one, “I really have to answer this.”

Mike rolled off of me and I put the phone up to my ear.

“Hello?”

“Hi Faith, we’ve got an emergency.”

“What happened?”

“Joe’s wife is in emergency surgery, she collapsed at work and apparently it’s something with her heart.”

“Oh, that’s terrible, is Joe okay? Do they know anything yet?”

“Joe is holding up and I don’t think they know anything yet but here’s the problem: we’re supposed to get the lumber order for the show today and the delivery people are going to be at the shop in 30 minutes but no one is going to be there to sign for it. I need you to get to the theatre and sign for the order, okay?”

“Okay, I’m leaving now.”

I hung up the phone, zipped up my pants, and looked sadly at Mike.

“I’m sorry.” I said.

“It’s fine, go. How long do you think it’ll take?”

“I just have to sign for it, so I should be back in an hour.”

“Well,” Mike said running a finger up my arm, “You could come back and we could continue this then?”

“Deal,” I said smiling.

I rolled on top of him and gave him a deep kiss before heading out.

I met the delivery men just in time and was about to sign for the order when Joe called me.

“Hey, Joe, how are you? How’s your wife?”

“Hi, Faith, thanks for helping me out. She’s still in surgery. Look, I need you to sign for the order after they’ve unloaded it into the shop, okay?”

“Okay.” I said. Internally I was annoyed because I knew that would take longer but the guy’s wife was having emergency surgery and my sex life wasn’t important in the grand scheme of things.

I told the delivery men that I needed them to unload it before I’d sign for it. They groaned but started moving stuff off the truck.

Mike was sending me dirty text messages the whole time so I wasn’t paying attention to what was being placed in the shop. When I looked up there were bright yellow set pieces, one looked like a pyramid, another was a giant sparkly sun. Not exactly the kind of stuff you’d expect for The Christmas Carol.

“What is this!?” I said to the guys that were currently moving a giant Egyptian statue into our loading dock.

“Whaddaya mean?”

“This CAN’T be our order.” I said. I immediately dialed Joe, “Joe, this order is wrong! Do you have the purchase order anywhere in the theatre?”

Joe told me where to find it in his desk and I brought it over to the guy in charge of the delivery so he could double check the order number.

“Yeah, welp, this ain’t the right order, lemme call my boss.”

He was on his phone for 20 minutes before he came over to me.

“So, there’s been a mix-up. We gotta truck on the other side of town with your order; it’s being redirected to here. Sorry ‘bout that. We’ll get this stuff outta here right away.”

I sighed and called Mike.

“So…I’m going to be REALLY late.”

“Oh.”

“There was a huge mishap and I have to sort it out. I’m sorry, Mike. I should be home by…eight, maybe?”

“Oh, Faith, I have to get to the station by 7 for my shift tonight.”

I sighed.

“Hey, we’ll just…figure something else out, okay?”

“Okay.” I said sadly.

I said goodbye and angrily settled in for the right delivery truck to arrive. It took three hours for them to get there, unload  everything, and get the paperwork for me to sign. The good news, though, is that Joe’s wife made it through surgery and is on the mend.

1 comment:

  1. I'm getting virtual blue balls for Mike lol. I mean, nothing seems to be working out, but they seem so good together, bad sign :(

    ReplyDelete